Thread: Peg1 to Peg2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peg1 to Peg2

On my martin cheetah you can shorten the draw length by a half inch by moving the string to the #2 peg, but can this be done without a bow press and if so how exactly? Also will I need to adjust my knock and peep if i do so?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

your knocking point will move and naturally so will your peep.you might trying the next mod. from what i've noticed around here most of the shooters are shooting to long to begin with, i 've done the same thing ended up putting it back on the no. 1 peg and changing to next mod and it felt better to me.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    your knocking point will move and naturally so will your peep.you might trying the next mod. from what i've noticed around here most of the shooters are shooting to long to begin with, i 've done the same thing ended up putting it back on the no. 1 peg and changing to next mod and it felt better to me.
    you still didn't answer my question if the string can be moved to the other peg without a bow press?

Post Thanks / Like

It can be done without a bow press as everything on a Martin can be done without a bowpress. Just turn out the limb bolts until you can see daylight through the nuts in the riser. Better As soon as you can see anything through them stop!

You should be able to work on your string and cable now. Just remove the string from peg 1 and move it to peg 2, control if everything fits right and turn the limb bolts until you reach your designated draw weight.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    It can be done without a bow press as everything on a Martin can be done without a bowpress.

Watch and learn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b0O5HP-4eM