Thread: Martin @ Cabelas

Unregistered

Default Martin @ Cabelas

Anybody know if Martin is going to sell the Bengal and Cheetah in Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops this year? THeir selling other companies 09 models but not Martin yet.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not up to Martin. It's up to the two retailers to order them. It could be they didn't sell enough Martins to justify getting them in again. With the economy the way it is maybe they both see a need to cut back on inventory and a bow line had to go. I don't know for sure.

I just know I used to work in the archery dept at a Gander Mt. store and this is the way it was. We carried about 7 bow lines. We carried two Hoyt entry level bows (can't remember models). All of a sudden Hoyt pulled their line from the box stores so that was that.

Me being a Martin guy picked up and we sold a ton of Martins after that till the end of the year. Gander then expanded it's Parker line and started getting in Diamond bows so they quit getting Martins.

So ya see? It probably is not a decision made by the powers that be at Martin.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

JT38off

i saw a cheetah at bass pro in ft. worth tx, i think it was an 09' it was already set up and had the wildman fast four quiver. i tried to buy the quiver only but they would not part it out. the quiver has the next g1 camo which is somehow hard to find on accessories and i want one, guess ill have to buy from martin. as far as cabelas i havent been in a while.
    Last edited by JT38off; 02-23-2009 at 08:03 PM.