Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: secret hiding spot for wear!

brushrat

maybe that softer material saved your strings. That thing does look bad . how long did you say it lasted? why did you say you chaged the original stock unit?

razorjack

Quote Originally Posted by brushrat View Post
    maybe that softer material saved your strings. That thing does look bad . how long did you say it lasted? why did you say you chaged the original stock unit?
    I havent had my bow for more than six months,i would think they would last longer than that!
    The reson for a differnt one is maybe i can get it to last longer,dont what to get the same kind if it wont last more than six months......

brushrat

Well, it turns out...... after CLOSER inspection, both grooves in my cable slide had some small porus areas (probably casting bubbles) ,the trapped dirt abraided away at the strands till one finally wore through.

below is a pic as to what to look for , the next time you're doing maintenance on your bow.

there is a silver lining....My very 1st experience with Martin went very well! Their Customer Service dept. made things right and i will be back shooting shortly!
    Last edited by brushrat; 12-10-2009 at 12:10 PM.