Thread: Metallic cracking sound????CCS or STS

HungarianHammer

Default Metallic cracking sound????CCS or STS

I have an 09' cheetah and love it so far. However i an hearing upon mid draw a metallic crack(?) I noticed that the STS was a it loose but tightened it and sound was still there. upon inspection i noticed a small gap ( about 1/16") in between the right side of roller gard and the pully. when the bow is drawn the pully shifts to the right and makes contact with the CCS frame. kind of sounds like a twig snapping. Very annoying. and at first i thouht my limbs were cracking I called customer svc. and they told me to take it back to the dealer to see if they can put a shim in it??? i would prefer a new one, right???

Elk4me

This is the 1st yr production wise on the CCS. I dont own one cant afford a new 09 yet until I get back to work after being layed off since Nov 08. But take the bow back to your Dealer it is under Warrenty and get it proper!

Post Thanks / Like

There is no guarantee that a new one won't be any different. Frankly, if there is room on the side, 1/16" you say? I'd prefer a nice little 1/32" spacer on both sides. Might give that little cushion to keep metal away from metal.

I might have to take serious look at mine.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver