Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New bow for Mrs. Squid

SandSquid

Default New bow for Mrs. Squid

Since Mrs Squid. is running with the big girls now (State NFAA Champion indoor Woman's Freestyle, and getting ready for Nationals) I'm thjinking of getting her a new bow, instead of one I cobbled together out of spare parts for her.

She's currently shooting:
    (LH) 2006 ShadowCat/Elite/Nitrous-X, 38# @ 26.5"
    336Gr. (29", OD 0.372, .350 Spine) arrow @ 235 fps

I'm strongly leaning towards the 2009 Mystic (Elite/Furious-X)
    My major concern is she really likes the feel of the Nitrous cams and I'm afraid the Furious cams might be a bit too "aggressive" for her.

Thoughts/comments/concerns?

flytier17

Easy. If she likes the way the mystic shoots, get her one, and put the nitrous cams on it. A little fiddling, and the string specs should be not too hard to attain. A Nitrous "A" cam will make the peak weight of the bow approximately 6-9lbs heavier than a standard Furious, so order the bow with a peak weight of say 5lbs less than her desired draw weight, and you can always back the difference off in the bolts.

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check AT yet?

Did you see this one on AT? Mystic

Sounds like exactly what you are looking for, but not an '09. Not the '09 price either.

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by C Bailey View Post
    Did you see this one on AT? Mystic

Sounds like exactly what you are looking for, but not an '09. Not the '09 price either.
    I did see them, but Mrs. Squid will shoot any color bow, as long as it's black

Post Thanks / Like

Black? Did you say Black? If so then what's the matter with a BLACK P3 with A Base nitrousX cams on it? hint--hint.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Black? Did you say Black? If so then what's the matter with a BLACK P3 with A Base nitrousX cams on it? hint--hint.
    That bow is MINE, all mine!!

Besides, she's a lefty so my bows are "safe" from her hands

I may end up swapping cams with her though is she doesn;t like the feel of the Furious-X

Poor Shooter

My wife loves her Mystic. We are looking for a all black one for her back up bow. The Furious X is a smooth cam, I am surprised your wife dont like them.

Good Luck finding the right bow.

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Shooter View Post
    My wife loves her Mystic. We are looking for a all black one for her back up bow.
    Well the order was placed, 4 week wait, no Lefty Mystic riser in stock!

I guess she won't be shooting her new Mystic at Nationals

The Furious X is a smooth cam, I am surprised your wife don't like them.
    She hasn't tried them yet, she's only ever shot the Nitrous and Nitrous-X. I'll keep my opinions to myself until she tries it for a wahile and if she complains I'll swap her for the Nitrous off my P3

Good Luck finding the right bow.
    I think(hope) I found it, just wish I didn't have to wait so long for it. I really really really wanted to give it to her next week to start shooting/sighting it in for Nationals. But hey, if she shoots great I can give it to her as a "congratulations present", and if not it can be a "condolences present", right!?!?!?!

Poor Shooter

We'll probably see you in Louisville. Hopefully it wont be a long ride home for either one of us.

TOO Bad she has to wait on the Mystic......Maybe my wife will have a chance now

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Shooter View Post
    We'll probably see you in Louisville. Hopefully it wont be a long ride home for either one of us.
    I have my wife and 2 daughters shooting.... it could be a Looooong ride home

TOO Bad she has to wait on the Mystic......Maybe my wife will have a chance now
    I dunnno, she may have a shot regardless. It didn't take "all that" for her to take State... I think she only shot like a 290/30x & 293/23x

We were actually quite surprised those scores were good enough to take State! She was hitting high 290's, searching for her elusive first 300 game a few weeks ago but her scores fell off in the 2 weeks prior to, and during State.

Whereas in our mens division, if you drop a single point, you might as well just put the bow in the case and sit and enjoy watching the rest of the day