Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sts flys off

brushrat

Don't overlook attachments! Rests, sights, quivers, etc. I had a metallic thump , turned out to be the sight. It is a micro-adjust sight and when you tighten the allen screws ,you need to snug up the knobs also (just enough to take the slack out ) ,cause they will make noise.

Best way iv'e found is to hold bow in one hand and tap along the riser with the palm of your other hand. This will isolate the component that is the culprit.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Metallic thump...

A buddy of mine shoots a mathews drenalin, with no sts, and has a metallic thump as well, it may or may not be the sts, im thinking that its more in the ccs if you ask me, i dont have any problems with my sts, but i was just letting you know that Martin isnt the only company with this small problem...

slayer73

What is the setting on the sts? is it supposed to be away or against the string? hold tension?
    Last edited by slayer73; 03-09-2009 at 12:25 PM.

flytier17

Play around with it. Use a light arrow so the noise will be exaggerated, so it is easy to tell the dfference.

Alec

JT38off

hey guys, finally i put the limbsaver ultras on and shot this afternoon w/ the sts on and im really impressed. it fixed the problem. sounds the same or quieter as my buddies matthews dxt. i think just for the heck of it im gonna shoot it w/out the sts and see what happens. as of now there is no vibration on the handle and little sound so either way im happy!

Post Thanks / Like

Good news. Now I have to do that to mine. Problem is, it's in the middle of getting a new cam job. Making it a Nitrous X system. Still, the Limb Savers are needed anyway. I have the STS off it right now and plan to try it that way. AND, with the Nitrous cams there won't be a CCS on the riser either.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Stick Bow

My 09 MOAB the rubber has flown off last week so it was cemented on and today while shooting I noticed the rubber has split. So are ya'll saying that the string should not rest on the STS? Mine does. Where do you find another STS pad? I like the one that comes on the Bowtechs they look alot more durable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Bow View Post
    My 09 MOAB the rubber has flown off last week so it was cemented on and today while shooting I noticed the rubber has split. So are ya'll saying that the string should not rest on the STS? Mine does. Where do you find another STS pad? I like the one that comes on the Bowtechs they look alot more durable.
    As long as it fits a 3/8" rod then it should work OK. In fact, I think they are all that way. Keystone Country Store has the Norway Brand.

For what it's worth I have mine adjusted touching the string at rest and I shoot light arrows. Something you can check is nock fit. If nocks are too tight then they will tend to hold onto the string making it want to over travel during the shot. Beeing truthful I'd bet that 75-80 of people have their nocks too tight. This causes inaccuracy, excess noise, and may be beating the heck out of your STS.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

JT38off

now im happy w/ my sts bumper and its adjusted to 1/16th of of the string at rest. ive tried it up against the string and further away and since adding the limbsaver ultras thats where ive found mine to work the best. but limbsaver offers a string decelerators as a whole but you can buy just the bumper which is v shaped for about 9.00. thats what ill go with if mine splits or i might get one anyway and see if there is a difference.

JT38off

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Good news. Now I have to do that to mine. Problem is, it's in the middle of getting a new cam job. Making it a Nitrous X system. Still, the Limb Savers are needed anyway. I have the STS off it right now and plan to try it that way. AND, with the Nitrous cams there won't be a CCS on the riser either.
    wonder if changing the cams will add more vibration to the limbs? well i guess it depends on if the nitrous x cams are more aggressive than the mpro2 cams are. arent the moab limbs designed for the mpro2 cams. either way its amazing how something so simple and small {limbsaver ultras} can do wonders, it really is. id try shooting with and w/out the sts and see what happens. good luck on your cam change and thanks for all your advise.