Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Martin user...

Desmond

Expert II!

guitar309

so an update on my slayer!!! I finally got to shot it today at my local shop! Like I said before.. not knowing what kind of drop away I was going to use I just settled for the whisker biscuit... and some truglo sights... I just wanted to start shooting and then can upgrade later... anyway.. I was pretty nervous because I haven't shot a bow since I was 14 and never have used a peep... anyway.. we started off at 10 yards.. and made a few adjustments and a few lessons on how to anchor and hold the bow.. and bam!! I was hitting the target pretty well from 20 yards.. the targets where blue with a white center...and most of my arrows where going in the white... so I can't complain.. lol looking forward to really getting some shooting time in... I have never shot many other bows but the guy at the shop was impressed by the slayer

flytier17

The Slayer is a fantastic bow. My personal favorite.

Spot-Hogg makes some of the best accessories money can buy. You won't find better durability, and they have the best warrenty out there. I use all my rests and sights from them.

Alec

Desmond

Quote Originally Posted by guitar309 View Post
    so an update on my slayer!!! I finally got to shot it today at my local shop! I was hitting the target pretty well from 20 yards.. the targets where blue with a white center...and most of my arrows where going in the white... so I can't complain.. lol looking forward to really getting some shooting time in... I have never shot many other bows but the guy at the shop was impressed by the slayer

Awesome!! Hope to see some pics next season of fallen victims of that SLAYER!!

guitar309

actually I am going to practice the next few weeks and try my hand at taking it turkey hunting... I have my gun permit but I think I would have more fun with the bow...

delmarduck

My bow is set up with the QAD Ultra Rest (no complaints yet), and a Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Micro (awsome sight). I also did away with my peep about a year ago and ended up buying an Anchor Sight from Archery Inovations. (Love It)

guitar309

Question

ok... so this is a stupid question... but since I just started maybe someone could help... so my bow is set up with a 1/8th peep... and when I look threw it I can't see the actual housing of the sights.. so I try to estimate the center of the pins .. basically the whole point of a peep is to center one circle (the peep) with the other circle (housing of the sight) right?

so....

my question is... would it be to my advantage to get a larger peep so I could actually see the whole housing of the sight so I would line up the housing of the sight inside the peep?? do you understand what I mean?? lol

Post Thanks / Like

It's not absolutely obligatory the both rings to coincide(sorry if i don't use the correct english verb ). Try some shots and see where is the exact point.With my peep the sight ring must be a little in right. Ufhhh, i guess this has no meaning in english, but hope you will understand it.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

badger561

I use a copper john as well and a 1/8th inch peepsite and I havent experiance your issues. I can see the ring on the site good, maybe your peep isnt lined up right? when you draw you bow have some one watch your peep and see if its turned to the side a little, if it is play with your release loop to adjust it.

flytier17

To line the rim of the pin guard up with the peep apeture is optimal. Scope shooters do this exclusively. It is more consistent and accurate than centering the pin, no matter how small the peep. Also, for hunting, you will have a clearer sight picture i lowlight.

I buy all my peeps in micro size, and drill them out as necessary depending on the bow/sight combo. I always guardshoot. I never center the pin.

Alec