Thread: twisted limb cheetah

wpranch

Default twisted limb cheetah

I posted earlier about a bent idler on a 2007 cheetah , turns out I forgot what year it was I bought a 2008 in 2009 , instead of a 2007 in 2008 I got the idler straightend out , but the string still rides on the left side of the wheel , so I got to looking and the right side of the axle looks too be an 1/8" higher than the left my question is can you twist the right side string to tighten that side without damage ?

Elk4me

Just PM me I have a Idiler wheel and a Axle for you . You will need to get the E-clips off your bent axle. PM me your mailing address and I will mail it out to you FREE of Charge!

Post Thanks / Like

Elk, I think he's talking about idler wheel lean, which we all know is really limb twist.

So answering his question, yes it is possible and highly favorable to twist the right side of the cable yoke to remove the limb twist and make the string track straight in the groove. Of course the back side where it angles toward the cable slide is still going to track on an angle, but.........

Or, if it's not idler lean then it is possible, in rare cases that the axle holes were not drilled at the same distance from the end of the limb, but again, this is rare.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Elk4me

Yes Barry , but I figiured if he had a bent axle and dammaged Idiler before these parts would help. I dont have any need for them so no skin off my back. I was just trying to offer him the parts to get his bow back to normal!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elk4me View Post
    Yes Barry , but I figiured if he had a bent axle and dammaged Idiler before these parts would help. I dont have any need for them so no skin off my back. I was just trying to offer him the parts to get his bow back to normal!
    Ok, I understand. You giving anything else away? Like maybe a Slayer? I might be interested.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

wpranch

thanks for your replies first off and i'm not sure that its not a bent axle , but it looked to me like there was alot of twist in the limb and being a traditonal shooter graduateing to training wheels I figured you could shorten the right side with a few twist and bring it back to center , so the process of elimination has begun . hoping to get it right before the cataldo mission shoot on the 21 /22 . thanks again.
    Sean

Elk4me

I sent you another PM offering my help and FREE parts and my home phone number the rest is up to you!

Elk4me

wpranch I got your address and a 1st name but NO last name. I would feel better sending the parts with a last name. Check your PM's!