Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite broadheads??

green_bowhunter247

Default Your favorite broadheads??

I use 100 grain muzzys, they seem to get all the penatration that i want. My target is getting used up latly, but i snt one of those muzzys rite threw the target and stuck in a log behind the deer! Is anyone a fan of muzzy, or what are the others that are hard to beat??

Post Thanks / Like

Ever hear of InnerLoc. They are similar in construction to Muzzy. Blades lock in the same way. It's what I use simply because the were free back in 2003 and they work and tune easy. I see no need to waste money on broadheads for the half dozen shots I make with them in a year, but if I had to change I'd probably go with Muzzy or Slick Tricks.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Coop

Default Here's mine...

Thunderheads(125's)
    Muzzy's(100, three bland)
    Slicktricks(100 mags)

They all work great.... but will probably stay with Muzzy's, they are cheaper & come in a six pack....

Coop

Post Thanks / Like

"When you pay too much, you loose a little money, that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes loose everything because the thing you bought is incapable of doing the thing you bought it to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot... It can't be done."

German Kinetics SilverFlame 150gr and SilverFlame XL 150gr

No tuning necessary as they fly exactly as any field tip. They are sharper than anything i have ever seen. And they are a high quality product.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Montalaar, they look awsome, but are quite rare and expensive.I've seen a video of elephant kill with them-pretty disgusting for me, but a keen hunter will appreciate it.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

flytier17

What Simon said:

German kinetics have the best designed and constructed broadheads out there bar none. No competition.

If all you will be sticking is a deer or other NA game, most BH's will work. It comes down to what will fly the best.

Muzzys are a great head; don't get me wrong. But, they require very careful arrow assembly and spine tuning to fly them right. Big vanes also help, butthe drag generated will widen your groups 40+ yds.

Slick tricks are what I shoot now. They fly well, and have aenough cutting surface to ethically bring down any animal if I shoot well enough.

Alec

badger561

I love the 125 grin muzzy for everything.

Desmond

I used to shoot the Shuttle T Tight point, until I couldn't find two deers in a row due to lack of blood trail. Perfect broadside shots within 20yrds and blood for 40-50yrds and then nothing. A friend of mine told me about the Tricks and I gave it a chance. I bought the 100gr SLICKS.The last deer I shot last year was a small doe and I made a 55 yd shot on her with a complete pass trough and she didn't ran more than 40 yards. I like the fact that these SLICK TRICKS have four ( .035" thick) blades and they not only cut on contact, but they just drill holes plus they fly true,.... at least up to 55yrds!! LOL!!

Here's the pic of the damage done by the SLICK TRICK. Looks like a hole made by a 12 gauge slug, but it's not! :

Last edited by Desmond; 03-05-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Elk4me

I have had excellent luck the past 3 yrs with the Rockie Mtn Turbo 100 gr. I think last yr they changed the name to "Blitz" . Very good Bh and flys excellent never had problems with tunning or planeing.

http://www.rockymtbroadheads.com/broadhead_blitz.html

gman57

Switched to Magnus Stingers and Buzzcuts last year and they fly fantastic,and they consistantly hit with my fps,that plus you cant beat the replacement warrantee..