Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite broadheads??

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Slick Tricks or rocky mountains...

I use to use muzzy's, never could get them to fly straight, or accurately, went to rocky mountain, loved them, they flew great, hit hard, and never had to sharpen them, but recently a buddy of mine told me to try the slick tricks, and these are the BEST out there, big holes, accurate as a field point, and sharp..

byaffsroyal

muzzy 100 gr. is my preferance but i use to shoot nap split fire made HUGE hole but the clean up of the blade channel and replacement of blades wasnt worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone here thought that Silverflames made no big holes you might try the new XL Versions.

I know that they are not that cheap like many of the other products but they work. I own them myself and have used only for practice on 3D and they are as sharp as always. Just great.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by gman57 View Post
    Switched to Magnus Stingers and Buzzcuts last year and they fly fantastic,and they consistantly hit with my fps,that plus you cant beat the replacement warrantee..
    can these be used on a 350 fps bow with light arrows and 2" blazers without planing??? Not that i have anywhere near that kind of speed........i figure if they would take that much horse-power and not plane i would switch from muzzy's.

whitetailfreak86

Default Put em down.

So I take it no one likes expandables...? I tried expandables last year with some doubts but after what id heard about the 2 blade rages I had to give em a try and il tell you what... 10xd a doe at 42yds she went 45 yds I, recovered her after dark and I followed a 4 foot wide blood trail thru the mountain laurel to her. They get every bit of the advertised 2.5' entrance hole split 2 ribs on enterance and exit with complete pass thru. When my arrow smacked her sounded like a dang truck smacked into her... never got that sound with my 3 blade muzzys. And as for replacement of blades it takes all of 5 min. And you cant beat getting a free practice broadhead and yes I was skeptical bout whether it flies the same as the regular broadheads... yes it does. This year theres no doubt what il be using.

Rage 2 Blade-------------------Put em Down
    Last edited by whitetailfreak86; 03-16-2009 at 05:50 PM.

buckshot20

I shoot 100 grain g5 montecs and they work great for me. I shoot a lot of wild hogs here in florida and I've had pass through on 250 pound boars and recovered them 50 yards away with good blood. Be carefull with the rage broad heads I have never used them but my friends have and yes they cut good but we had one come apart in a deer. The montecs seem to fly good for me, but 35 yards is about as far as I dare shoot at a critter anyway. Hope I can be of some help
    Last edited by buckshot20; 03-16-2009 at 08:31 PM.

dbd870

I use MX3's, they have worked very well so far; everything I've shot with them has been 20-25yds, 30-35yds. is my max so I can't comment on them at distance.

banshee42096

thunder heads 100s hear love them no problems to date.