Thread: Before the string change...

Illyan

Default Before the string change...

Just for take a max of info

I want to change my string set for a Vapor Trail set...

It has one and a half year of use...

But before receive and mount the set, i have question on my cam position and the string and cable on my slide...

first the pics of the M-Pro...semms to be over on left...it's normal or it must be centered??

[

Illyan

Now the pics of the string line:

Illyan

And now my slide...i think that i have bad reinstalled it...my yoke it's a little damaged...due to this age?? or bad mount??

For the cam i have received my bow with the actual cam position...and a friend saber has a same position...

Thanks for your answers

Martin For Life

Illyan

Up....

everybody can see my pics??

razorjack

Hello,its hard to see the pictures clearly,but as far as string postion you want everything to line up as striaght as possible when it comes to idler and cam.
    Now as far as the slide goes on my o8 cheetah it's turned the opposite of yours,im not sure how big a difference it makes.

Illyan

Quote Originally Posted by razorjack View Post
    Hello,its hard to see the pictures clearly,but as far as string postion you want everything to line up as striaght as possible when it comes to idler and cam.
    Now as far as the slide goes on my o8 cheetah it's turned the opposite of yours,im not sure how big a difference it makes.
    on my pics, the red line is the string and the green line is the middle of the bow (limb to limb)

just to know if the cam is in a good position, or if it will be centered for the string will be in straight line with the idler wheel??

Post Thanks / Like

Now that you cleared that up I can answer. The cam is where it should be. It needs to be to the left. I just tore mine down a week ago thinking it might be better to center the cam more in the limb fork. What I did was switch the spacers around. The result was that the cable would not track well into the module groove so I switched them back.

OK?

I might also add that the only bows I'm aware of that have the string groove at the center of the limb are those with Martin X cams. Since the very inception of the compound bow the string groove has been offset. You set the centershot of your rest accordingly with an initial setup.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Illyan

Thanks, you're great

I am relieved to my cam position , my archery dealer say me today that my string's wear-out is normal.

I can order my new string set.

Have a good day,