Thread: Limbsavers fell off

flytier17

Default Limbsavers fell off

I would like to put new solid limb Limbsavers on after the factory ones finally pooched it. I'd like to clean the surface of the limb. Will Methyl hydrate take the camo off? How about GooGone?

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

I just can tell you that anything with alcohol in it will propably take the camo off. I cleaned my Magnum Target Limb with 90% Ethanol and removed the whole Razor-X Sticker by accident..
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    I would like to put new solid limb Limbsavers on after the factory ones finally pooched it. I'd like to clean the surface of the limb. Will Methyl hydrate take the camo off? How about GooGone?

Alec
    Clean it with denatured alchohol. Pure denatured alchohol will evaporate faster whereby allowing it to clean without the prolonged exposure allowing it to permiate the paint. I would not use GooGone, I may be wrong but I believe it will leave a residue a petrolium disstilate if you will. However I would think it would be alright to use to remove the old adhesive and then clean with denature alchohol.
    One more thing when you clean with denatured alchohol you only need to rub the area with only two or three passes with a cotton swab or such.

oktx

Call them and they will send you more of the sticky things for free.

Post Thanks / Like

You can try sunflower oil also- sometimes it makes miracles, just clean it well after using it.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

brushrat

i used just regular denatured alchohol from bi-mart (blue and white can ,i believe) and it worked just fine. Did not see any camo residue on my cotton ball at all. Mine have been on and sticking just fine for 4 months now.

hunt123

One other possibility for removing glue residue is rubber cement thinner. Bestine is the brand I'm familiar with. You can usually find it in craft or art supply stores. I've used it for years to get glue residue off different things.

It evaporates extremely fast and although I haven't used it on camo limbs, I'd probably try it on my bow if I needed to. It does a great job, WAY better than GooGone (which in my opinion is worthless, having tried it a number of times.). Of course, as we've all seen many times "try first on an area that doesn't show". It is flamable, so keep cigarettes, etc. away from it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

i use my little alchohol pads that i clean my finger with when i check my sugar. [diabetic] i have also used dnatured achohol without any problem. i use googone to clean the glue from my arrows when i refletch, but i clean the shaft with the little pads before i put the new fletch on.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

flytier17

Thanks for the reply's guys. I used denatured alcohol, and it worked great.

Alec

JT38off

this may sound wierd but i used bleach on a paper towel to clean my ,imbs before installing the limbsaver ultras because it was the only thing i had at the time and i couldnt wait to try them, when i installed the one on the top limb it was about a small 1/8" from being centered on the limb and i tried to move it and it was impossible so i left it and it didnt loosen the camo at all. so far its stuck on well.