Thread: M-Pro Cams

kid386

Default M-Pro Cams

Hi I'm new to martin bows and i have a Martin Mystic wtih the M-pro cams. I was wondering if anyone knew the full potential speed of the m-pro. I have the shorter axle to axle mystic and after testing it through a chronographer it was 239 at 50 pounds, today after playing wtih the cables i got it to 250 at 52 pounds. The only reason why im asking is that at 239 and 50 pounds i can't get to 70m. I prefer to be pulling 47 pounds though. If anyone could help I appreciate it very much

thanx

flytier17

The Mpro is a solocam. it is designed for a smoth draw and a relatively good nock travel, considering it has modular adjustment. It is in no way a speed cam. If you need the added power, I would advise switching to a nitrous cam system if you can find them. The furious will be faster too. For target shooting, a dual cam will have better nock travel and be more tuanble too.

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Default flytier

I have the vipro cam (same as Mpro) on my bulletX could the nitrous cams be installed on it without changing the limbs? Its a 55 -70 , and how much speed would it increase it.

Post Thanks / Like

Drawing from my old days of shooting field archery I'll give you some information. I'm going back into the 1970's when bows were shooting an average of about 200 fps and good setups reached about 220 fps. I had a Jennings ArrowStar that shot 232 fps. The point being, that we shot out to 80 yards for field shooting with no problems whatsoever.

Even today, Olympic style shooters can reach 90 meters with recurve bows that might hit 200 fps.

So I'm going to take an educated guess here and say the reason your bow won't reach that 70 meters is because you are anchoring too high. If using a peep try raising the peep a little in the string. Maybe a 1/4" or so. This in turn will lower your anchor and your arrows will hit higher. You just have to adjust your sight marks accordingly, but 70 meters is easily attainable if you have things set up to do so. It has very little to do with the speed of the bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

kid386

ya i tried moving my peep sight it didnt work out so well, i have a flat face so i can't really see through my peep sight anymore so i had to move it back

Post Thanks / Like

Well then, before I get to putting my foot in my mouth I have to ask you, "Just ho low are you hitting at 70 meters? Or put anothe way, what is the longest range you can sight in for and hit?"
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

kid386

when i was at 50 pounds with 239 i was just right under the target, with the 52 pounds with 250 i haven't had the opportunity to shoot 70m yet

Post Thanks / Like

Just to put my two cents in. I had my bow chrono'ed yesterday and with arrows weighing 429grn. I was shooting an average of 266fps. What I was wondering is the weight on my strings. I have a 3/16 meta peep,2 bow jax, served nock and d-loop. Does anyone have and educated guess at the weight of all this?
    Last edited by rongcp; 03-07-2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: incorrect
    '10 ALIEN X 28.5DL X 70#
    HHA OL 5519
    QAD Pro Hd
    125grn Rage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rongcp View Post
    Just to put my two cents in. I had my bow chrono'ed yesterday and with arrows weighing 429grn. I was shooting an average of 266fps. What I was wondering is the weight on my strings. I have a 3/16 meta peep,2 bow jax, served nock and d-loop. Does anyone have and educated guess at the weight of all this?
    Haven't got the foggiest, but you should consider that not all this stuff is right in the middle of the string so they don't drag down as much speed as they would at the center. Meta peep, serving, and string loop should total at about 15 grains. That's just like having an arrow 15 grains heavier. As for the Bow Jacks, can you move them closer to the cam?
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver