Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mpro cam

razorjack

Default Mpro cam

I keep hearing people say that bows with the m-pro cam is not a speed cam or speed bow regard less of some bows sporting a 320 ibo,so whats the deal is 320ibo not considered fast or is that main stream.

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked your signature and can say with some certainty that "I hate you". How can anybody with a 29" draw come around any forum asking questions about speed like this?

OK, on a serious note. I have no idea where the 320 IBO came from---how it was obtained. I know I have a 26" draw Moab w/M2Pro cam on it. Set for 45#, shooting a 267 gr arrow it chrono'd at 240.

All the data is there and can be interpolated and see what this bow "should" shoot if it met IBO speeds in the first place.

For informational purposes the only thing on the string is a G5 Meta (5/16") peep and a tied on (serving) nockset. Try doing the math.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

dbd870

There was a time not that long ago when 315-320 would have been considered quite fast. Now it's 350 and there are a few advertising faster than that.

flytier17

Take the MOAB for example. 315-320fps. Switch cams to the CAT cam and you have a Firecat, and the speed jumps to 335-345fps. Other than that, the bows are identical. If you compare the 2 cams, you will see that one is a speed cam with a harsh draw, the other is a smoother-draw, but generates less speed.

Just to make you jealous Barry; I draw 30", and I'm still growing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    Take the MOAB for example. 315-320fps. Switch cams to the CAT cam and you have a Firecat, and the speed jumps to 335-345fps. Other than that, the bows are identical. If you compare the 2 cams, you will see that one is a speed cam with a harsh draw, the other is a smoother-draw, but generates less speed.

Just to make you jealous Barry; I draw 30", and I'm still growing
    Bite me!!!!!!!!!!
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

teenage mutant hero I'm 179cm/ 5f10 and was from the tallest at school and now some 14 years old boys are 5 inches taller then me.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

razorjack

Ok let me simplify this,take the cheetah and bengal,both bows advertised at 320ibo,to me thats a speed bow,but on different forums i always hear people complain because their not getting a descent speed at their draw length,with either of these bows.I shoot CX rebel hunters at 10.4grn a inch my arrows are 28.5" long,100gnr tip and iam shooting around 60# and they seems smokin fast to me.
    Even at a lesser draw length,will that much speed be lost given equal specs!.I cant believe these bows loose that much steam at shorter draw length's.

flytier17

Being tall has its disadvantages too. I hit my head on a lot of things I didn't use to. I always get asked to reach high things. And just because i am tall, everyone thinks I am strong. When we seperate the breeding groups on our sheep farm, I always get volunteered to catch the 300lb. ram. My dad cheers me on from behind the gate.

Like I said, I am still growing. I drew 29.5" before hunting season. After hunting season, I can now afford to change stuff on my bow. First thing I did was set the DL out 1/2". Now I need 2dz. more arrows!

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Leave 1 dozen uncut
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by razorjack View Post
    Ok let me simplify this,take the cheetah and bengal,both bows advertised at 320ibo,to me thats a speed bow,but on different forums i always hear people complain because their not getting a descent speed at their draw length,with either of these bows.I shoot CX rebel hunters at 10.4grn a inch my arrows are 28.5" long,100gnr tip and iam shooting around 60# and they seems smokin fast to me.
    Even at a lesser draw length,will that much speed be lost given equal specs!.I cant believe these bows loose that much steam at shorter draw length's.
    What you don't know is that the cam is a big one and to shoot the shorter draw lengths like me you have to shoot the short module. Not only does this shorten the draw but the efficiency you are getting out of the cam drops off significantly.

When I shot a 2004 Slayr it had B cams on it and I used mini-mods which allowed me to use most of the cam rollover so efficiency was higher on a percentage basis. This bow was IBO rated at 325 fps. Setting it up with an IBO weight arrow at 27" draw and 53# I was able to get 299 fps out of it. It also had different geometry, too, like not so parallel limbs and an ATA of 37", 6 3/8" brace height. NOW, 299 fps is smoking fast for those specs.

For what it's worth I have a bow here with B Nitrous X cams and am tossing around the idea of replacing the M2Pro with them and see what happens. The two bows have almost identical ATA so string and cables should fit, making this a fairly easy project. Something to play with.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver