Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homemade STS, need your opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Homemade STS, need your opinion

Since the STS isn't sold here, i've made one myself for less then a dollar .The problem is that i'm not sure whether there's any difference. I'll appreciate it if you watch my Youtube video and tell me if you find a difference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4hrH...e=channel_page
    I'll try to post some pictures- hope you can see them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Desmond

Not bad at all!!

razorjack

Thats the super size version you have their.....It's quieter with it on so i would say job well done......

Post Thanks / Like

Hi.

Seems to be a good job.

But after watching your video i feel the need to say something else..
    -Your arrows are way to long. You can get greater speeds if you choose a proper arrow with a proper length.
    -Your shooting form is very inconsistent. You might work on that. After removing the STS it seems as if you were creeping and could barely hold the bow when it left the Letoff. Also your grip needs to be a bit more relaxed. Just some things i wanted to tell you...

Have you tried different STS positions? Sometimes a mm can change everything.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Desmond

Alex,

Is that rubber stop the tip of a cane or one foot of a walker??
    If it is,... that's quite original!! Lol!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, guys!!! (Hope there'll be more comments)
    1.Yes, it is a rubber tip of a cane, Desmond, and that's why it is so huge,Razorjack I had no other proper rubber tib and bought this for about 70 cents. The whole thing is just a try and i've made it for 15 minutes.
    2.Montalaar, i've tried some different positions and this one seams the best since the so called STS isn't perfect-about half a milimeter away from the string. Thank you for your advices! I haven't shot at all about 3 months and my form (which wasn't good) is pathetic now The bow "jumped" in my hands, because i was trying to give my cameraman a sign About the arrows-i can't buy better now and don't want to cut these.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Desmond

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Thank you, guys!!! (Hope there'll be more comments)
    1.Yes, it is a rubber tip of a cane, Desmond, and that's why it is so huge,
    That's what I call "red neck" ingenuity!! Good job!

Post Thanks / Like

i made sts for 2 of my bows i used 3/8 brake line and old spark plug boots, works great
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

"red neck ingenuity" I like this! I'm about 7 000 miles away from the "red neck" area, but will take this as a compliment. The people from the ex-communistic countries are used to such "ingenuity" and some of the old habbits (when something is unavailable you make it) from this awful time are still alive.

Post Thanks / Like

I made my own for my ShadowCat. Of course it had to have a dog-leg, but same idea. Good work Alex. Saved yourself about $20.00 and get the same results.

By the way. I read Simon's suggestions and he right. Actually he could have gone into more detail, but I think he didn't want to come across as being overbearing. I have a question. Are you shooting fingers? I couldn't make out a release.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver