Thread: Question about Bengal 08

Sibirien-dk

Question Question about Bengal 08

I have a some question about my Bengal 06 bow.

1: It's a 60# bow. Can I turn the limb bolts all the way in (to get max DW) or do I have to back them out 1/4 or 1/2 turn??
    I mean will it harm the bow if they are all the way in?

2: The 2 small rubber-X standard fitted on the string. What are they good for? (Mine are starting to fall apart)
    Are they only to make the bow more silent or do thet protect the bow in any way? Is it safe and OK to shoot with out them?
    Will it shoot any faster without the rubber-X?

3: If i fit an STS do I then ned the rubber-X thing?

4: DL module. Is the F6 just somthing between F5 (29") and F7 (30")?
    Is it OK to use it?

I hope someone can help me.

I live in Denmark (Europe) and we do not have a Martin dealer here. So I had to get my bow from USA. I selected the Bengal becaurse of the smooth draw an a very god price. Good value for money.
    And I'm very pleased with my Bengal.

flytier17

1:Go ahead, bottom it. No need to crank it supertight though, but theres no harm in it being bottomed out.

2: these are Bow-Jax Slip-Jax, and they serve to make the string quieter, by allowing the vibrations of the string to escape silently in the form of the rubber vibrating. They also reduce recoil a small amount. You will gain about 3fps by removing them though. However, if you play with the position close to the cam, and a chroograph, you can get them to add speed to the bow. This is a timeconsuming and laborious process though, and you won't gain more than about 5fps.

3: the STS will eliminate the noise of the string with a little adjustment, and also take away a great amout of recoil. It is like adding BH to your bow (almost). With an STS, you need no additional silencers.

4: The F-6 will give you a DL of about 29.5", give or take depending on your rigging twists.

In my personal opinion, I'd get or make an STS, and get rid of the rubber things. If you are hunting, you might need the added silence, and I'd get both. But an STS will help.

Also, check your cam rotation. if there is 1/2"-3/8" of groove on the cam where the string comes off, it is the best for speed and noise reduction.

If you have any more questions, just post up here.

I hope this helps you.

Alec

Quote Originally Posted by Sibirien-dk View Post
    I have a some question about my Bengal 06 bow.

1: It's a 60# bow. Can I turn the limb bolts all the way in (to get max DW) or do I have to back them out 1/4 or 1/2 turn??
    I mean will it harm the bow if they are all the way in?

2: The 2 small rubber-X standard fitted on the string. What are they good for? (Mine are starting to fall apart)
    Are they only to make the bow more silent or do thet protect the bow in any way? Is it safe and OK to shoot with out them?
    Will it shoot any faster without the rubber-X?

3: If i fit an STS do I then ned the rubber-X thing?

4: DL module. Is the F6 just somthing between F5 (29") and F7 (30")?
    Is it OK to use it?

I hope someone can help me.

I live in Denmark (Europe) and we do not have a Martin dealer here. So I had to get my bow from USA. I selected the Bengal becaurse of the smooth draw an a very god price. Good value for money.
    And I'm very pleased with my Bengal.