Thread: Why the cam is skew

richyman

Default Why the cam is skew

My bow is martin firecat 08 camo,55-70#.After one year of shooting, I find the bottom cam is skew,the string is not in the middle of the slot.I don't know why it likes that.No dry fire. How can I do for it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

You have a bow with a cable guard so cam lean is more prevalent. I think yours looks a little severe. My suggestion is to take it back to the dealer and maybe it'll need new limbs.

Because the bow has binary cams there isn't much you can adjust to remove the lean. Mine has very little. IMO yours is bad.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

richyman

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    You have a bow with a cable guard so cam lean is more prevalent. I think yours looks a little severe. My suggestion is to take it back to the dealer and maybe it'll need new limbs.

Because the bow has binary cams there isn't much you can adjust to remove the lean. Mine has very little. IMO yours is bad.
    Thank you for your help!

Post Thanks / Like

I see you have this posted on AT and something was mentioned there that I missed. Comparing the two limb forks it appears that the axle might be bent. It might be an optical illusion, but worth a look see.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

richyman

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I see you have this posted on AT and something was mentioned there that I missed. Comparing the two limb forks it appears that the axle might be bent. It might be an optical illusion, but worth a look see.
    Thank you!Yesterday I have removed the axles and checked them carefully. The axles are ok. But I found the part of the bottom limb at the side of the cam is not flat.I think I need to change the limb.

Gaborea

Hello,
    I have the same problem, so I don't open a new thread.
    Here are pictures (sorry for the bad light) :

BUT the difference is : my bow is brand new ! (Mystic 2009 45-60# furious cams 30-32")
    The pictures were taken with basic settings : no extra twists on cable.
    As you can see, the serving was already damage after only 10 arrows.
    We reduced the problem with 6 twists on one side of the yoke (left side on the first picture, right side on the second) but it's still there.

I know I should bring the bow back to the dealer, but it's far away and parting with my brand new bow is not an option !
    So, first thing is to check the axle, then what if it's okay ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborea View Post
    Hello,
    I have the same problem, so I don't open a new thread.
    Here are pictures (sorry for the bad light) :

BUT the difference is : my bow is brand new ! (Mystic 2009 45-60# furious cams 30-32")
    The pictures were taken with basic settings : no extra twists on cable.
    As you can see, the serving was already damage after only 10 arrows.
    We reduced the problem with 6 twists on one side of the yoke (left side on the first picture, right side on the second) but it's still there.

I know I should bring the bow back to the dealer, but it's far away and parting with my brand new bow is not an option !
    So, first thing is to check the axle, then what if it's okay ?
    Put as many twists in the yoke as you need to to get the string to track right. I've already had to do 12-13 twists on some bows. You're shooting a cable guard bow. Limb twist is part of the game.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Gaborea

OK, thank you.
    I was confused by some people who have 3 parts yoke (one small loop on top and bottom) wich you cannot twist.
    For now I will follow your advice, but I seriously plan to upgrade to the furious X system.

Thx

Post Thanks / Like

Once you put the Xsystem on it you can twist to your hearts content to get near perfect alignment. The added benefit is that it will not change during the draw cycle. Another is that you don't need a bow press to accomplish this.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver