Thread: Question about cable and shooting string...

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about cable and shooting string...

ok im just wondering, ive noticed bows that have the shooting string and cable cross above the cable guard, ive also noticed them crossing below the cable guard... my quesiton, what is the correct position of the cable slide and which slots do the cable and shooting string go into???....any info, or pics would help...

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    ok im just wondering, ive noticed bows that have the shooting string and cable cross above the cable guard, ive also noticed them crossing below the cable guard... my quesiton, what is the correct position of the cable slide and which slots do the cable and shooting string go into???....any info, or pics would help...
    hi...my 08 bengal crosses below the cable guide . The shooting string goes in the short groove and above that is the cable which goes in the longest groove. Thats the way mine is ....don't know if other years/models require something different or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Which way should the cable slide face?, with the larger slot towards the bow or away from the bow??

Post Thanks / Like

That depends on the bow, limb and cam. The right position is the one where the cables are seperated and have as less contact as possible.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    Which way should the cable slide face?, with the larger slot towards the bow or away from the bow??
    the larger slot is the one furthest from the riser and supports the cable.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Alright thanks guys