Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rytera Question

rnfrazier

Default Rytera Question

How hard would it be to change a Bullet X that has M Pro cams to Nitrous cams?

Post Thanks / Like

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago, the answer I got was you can use the same limbs need different shooting string and cable, length I'm not sure of, and its hard to find nitrious cams that anyone will part with. It would probably make the speed go up but not sure how much. I decided to stick with the vipro and just enjoy the smooth draw.

rnfrazier

I had one with Nitrous C cams on it and I was getting 280 fps at 27" draw and 60#.I miss that bow now. I made the mistake and wanted to try a Bowtech, now I'm getting a new bullet but this one has mpro cams. How much slower is is mpro and can't you get Nitrous cams from Martin?

flytier17

The Nitrous cam has been out of production since 2007. Martin is out of stock; I know because I went to buy some "B's" a couple weeks ago.

Depending on the limb profile and geometry, Nitrous cams can be 10-15fps faster than an Mpro. For the BulletX, I would expect around 10fps slower than your previous bow at the same specs.

What is the limb deflection #? From that, you can determine the draw weight range you will get with Nitrous "C" cams.

Alec

rnfrazier

Does rytera still make the bullet x

rnfrazier

Is it possible to put cat cams on one?

Post Thanks / Like

I think you would have to put on different limbs to handle the cat cams.

flytier17

I think Rytera still does make the BulletX. I checked through my local shop who is a Martin dealer, and he sais they will be available for 2009 yet too.

The CAT cams require the 13" limbs with the reinforced limb tips to handle the added energy stored by the CAT cams. They are little bolts behind the axle that go through the limb with the heads of the bolts semi-covering the limb material over the axle.

LeEarl will have the string lengths and limb defection for the BulletX CAT. He has built 2 or 3 or maybe more. PM him on archerytalk.com if you are a member there.

rnfrazier

I think I will pm him. I really wish I could find some c cams, but I know that would be hard to do. Anyone know the price on the new bullet x's and what cams they have on them?

flytier17

You could buy my Pantera, and use the "C" cams of it, and sell the Pantera with the Mpro as it was originally offered by Martin