Thread: Center Shot on Firecat

cdquad

Default Center Shot on Firecat

I just bought an 08 Firecat. In order to get my rest (ripcord) in the center shot location it is outside of the riser (left of it). The string even looks like it is way to far left of the riser. Any ideas on what might be the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

There might not be a problem at all. Take good look at how the cams are positioned in the limb forks. They are to the left and the string groove in the cams is to the left even more. What this means is that the dynamic center of the string and thus the centershot location for the rest is not going to be in the center of the bow.

In case you don't know this it's the same for every bow made with the exception of Martin X system bows, which has everything tracking down the center. Even single cam bows have the bottom cam offset with the idler in the middle. The dynamic center of these thing actually travels diagonally from bottom to top.

Just for curiosity I just measured the rest on mine and it's almost exactly 1" from the riser (measured from the rubber pad. This should give you some place to start. Where it ends up on yours will be determined through tuning, but that should be close enough for now.

Hope this helps.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver