Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand new razor trying to set poundage

Bigcat440

Unhappy Brand new razor trying to set poundage

I have purchased a new razor and have adjusted the draw length to 31.5 inches and now want to set poundage by using a hanging bow scale. When i hook the bow up and start to pull down the cables on the cable guard go limp is this normal? To me there should be tension on them not limp? Any help would be appreciated.

flytier17

There should be some tension in the cables, but not as much as the string. You are hooking the bowstring only on the scale, right?

What cam system is on the Razor?

Maybe define limp? Are they visibly sagging? If you are comparing the tension to the bowstring; like I said, they will not be as taught.

This is a long shot, but a possibility. Are the cables attatched at the right points on the cam? Or, is one drastically longer than the other?

Is the bow relatively in specs? A2A and BH reasonably close to factory specifications for your particular limb/cam combo? How about DL? Does it measure 31.5" on the 31.5" module setting?

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not familar with that bow, but it sounds like maybe the cables are attached to the wrong posts on the cam. I'm trying to picture it and my mind isn't coming up with a picture of what's going on.

Is it possible for you to post a picture?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Bigcat440

Default Help

I didn't get a owners manual with it, but i took it to the local bow shop and he thought He could adjust the draw length without a press he was wrong. So maybe he has something hooked up wrong. But the strings slap the riser before i can get it half drawn back pulling the bow down on a hanging bow scale. I have talked to the bow tech. to download manual for the 04 razor se pro series but its been 3 weeks and they still haven't loaded it.
    Last edited by Bigcat440; 03-16-2009 at 05:59 PM.

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcat440 View Post
    I have purchased a new razor and have adjusted the draw length to 31.5 inches and now want to set poundage by using a hanging bow scale. When i hook the bow up and start to pull down the cables on the cable guard go limp is this normal? To me there should be tension on them not limp? Any help would be appreciated.
    hmmmm....are you sure that your string and cable are on the correct side of your cable guide?

greyghost

Checked the -04 catalogue. The RazorX with SE limbs should have either Dyna-Cam or Tru-Arc cams, but the maximum drawlength is listed at 31" for both. The ATA is listed as 35" and brace height 8 7/8" for both systems.
    I'm not familiar with either of those cams.
    However I found a spec listing for a RazorX SE with Nitrous cams that should work with 31" DL, Nitrous C at the 2 mark. but it didnt list ATA or brace.
    The problem you are describing doesnt sound like it shoud happen with Nitrous cams so I guess that your system is either Dyna-Cam or Tru-Arc but it shouldnt behave like that anyway. Hope there is someone who knows more about those systems that can help you out.
    Dont know if this is any help for you but its all I can do without more info on your bow.

Bigcat440

Unhappy

the bow shop says its a dual cam don't know if this helps heres what the sticker says weight 55-70
    let off HL
    string 57 1/2
    cable 37 1/4
    draw MP 38
    bow # 0429557
    maybe I'll try to send pics

Bigcat440

bottom cam has L-hl and a-e
    top cam a-e
    bigcat440@peoplepc.com
    since I am new at trying to upload pics I will give u my email and I can send through it

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I'm so dense. You did say Razor and it never sunk in that you meant Razor X. My bad.

I checked the charts from 2004 and 2005 and the bow is there. It's designation is the M-79 SE. From your description it has SE limb pockets and Nitrous cams on it. The string and cable lengths are close, but not exactly what is listed in the tech charts. They list it as:

String....56"
    Cables...37"

If yours are close then it is of little importance pertaining to your problem. I am familar with the Nitrous cams and don't see any way that what you are explaining can happen. I just looked at my Moab with Nitrous and still can't see how you can have the problem you are having. It's near impossible to hook the cables and string up wrong, but who knows???????????

It's time for a picture.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to post a picture go to imageshack.us and upload it. You will get different links. Take the one which has [img] tags and just copy and paste it into your post.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL