Thread: 09 Firecat Pro X Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Default 09 Firecat Pro X Strings

I am waiting on an 09 Firecat and was wondering about the quality of the strings. I want to use a meta g5 peep and don't want all the string creep so I'm thinking of changing the string immediately and would like to know if I need to change the cable also since it is brand new. Hoping I can just put a vapor trail string on.
    '10 ALIEN X 28.5DL X 70#
    HHA OL 5519
    QAD Pro Hd
    125grn Rage

whitetailfreak86

Default Same question kinda

I am currently waitin on my new firecat as well hoping to get it next week fingers crossed haha. I had the exact same question when getting a new peep for the bow. My archery shop told me they have had great success putting meta peeps in the firecat strings. And the factory strings are great dont think you will even need the new strings. However would love to hear what others have to say on the subject

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whitetailfreak86 View Post
    I am currently waitin on my new firecat as well hoping to get it next week fingers crossed haha. I had the exact same question when getting a new peep for the bow. My archery shop told me they have had great success putting meta peeps in the firecat strings. And the factory strings are great dont think you will even need the new strings. However would love to hear what others have to say on the subject
    Appreciate your input and hope the information you received about not needing the new string is correct, but I would like some input from some of the current firecat owners out there.
    '10 ALIEN X 28.5DL X 70#
    HHA OL 5519
    QAD Pro Hd
    125grn Rage

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I can help you. As a Martin staff shooter and FireCat owner I know a little bit about them.

Have you ever heard of Stone Mountain Dakota strings? This is an aftermarket string and what's on the FireCat, Warthog, and a few other pro series bows.

Looking in a catalog, if the bow is advertised with Double Helix ELITE strings then it's Stone Mountain. Double Helix is Martin's in-house strings.

So what I'm saying is that, if your bow is anything like mine, you should not have to change the string. I use a 5/16" Meta peep and mine draw straight back with no rotation whatsoever. So save your money for the next set when you need them.

I hope this has been helpful.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Barry

Thanks for your input, I'm glad I won't have to rush out and put a new string on a new bow.
    '10 ALIEN X 28.5DL X 70#
    HHA OL 5519
    QAD Pro Hd
    125grn Rage