Thread: Delay of shipping for the Martin Mystic

smart13009

Default Delay of shipping for the Martin Mystic

Hello,

I ordered a Martin Mystic bow 7 weeks ago on nationalarcherysupply.com and today my satus is still to be shipped. I contacted them for the delay and they told me "we are at the mercy of the maker"!, since it is a custom bow. No information about the delay is stated online and I suppose I am not the only one to have ordered this item.
    My question is: Has anybody already ordered this bow? What is the delay for this bow?
    I have contacted Martin's archery online but they need the dealer's reference for tracking and they are unable (the dealer) to give it to me.

Thanks for answers

SandSquid

My local dealer orderd a Left Hand Mystic/Elite/Furious-X w/ Martin Mount RipCrod, 3 weeks ago, we re told there would be a 3 week wait to build it because they had no LH Mystic Risers. as I said that was 3 weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I run into this with my bows most of the time. Don't know if anybody told you, but custom orders take anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks LONGER than most over the counter bows. Sometimes you get lucky and get it sooner, but mine usually take just about 2 months.

Have patience and it'll certainly get there and should be worth the wait. I know I've always been pleasantly surprised.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

whitetailfreak86

Default 09 Firecat

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I run into this with my bows most of the time. Don't know if anybody told you, but custom orders take anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks LONGER than most over the counter bows. Sometimes you get lucky and get it sooner, but mine usually take just about 2 months.

Have patience and it'll certainly get there and should be worth the wait. I know I've always been pleasantly surprised.
    Fisher does this go for the firecat as well martin said itl be next week and hopin it is so I dont have to use my old bow for turkeys...Should I expect more than 3 weeks total time even for a 70lb firecat??

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly can't say. I know I waited almost 2 months for my FireCat last year, but there are other factors involved. I'm a staff shooter for them so maybe I have to sit and wait while they fill orders for the paying customers. Maybe I waited too long to put my order in. Most times they process orders as they come in so it's firstcome first serve.

It also has to do with the availability of parts. I don't know about everything, but they outsource some of the work like film dipping and machining of cams and modules so they are somewhat at the mercy of the people who supply these things.

Also they build bows as the orders arrive till they run out of parts for a particular run of bows. Then then they switch to another model till they get more parts in for other models. There is a lot to this stuff.

Like other companes, Martin has really stepped up the technology in recent years while keeping prices to some realistic figure so they get swamped with orders, surpassing their expectations. Believe me, they are going full bore and doing as good a job as they can without sacrificing quality.

My best advice to you would be to give them a call at customer service
    (1-800-541-8902) and ask what the status of your order is. Or ask your dealer to make the call.

I hope you get your bow on time, but I shoot a FireCat and can absolutely tell you it was worth the wait. I'm just one of those guys who doesn't get excited about thing like this. From mny years of experience I can take a bow out of the bow, set it up and have it tuned and sighted in in about 4 hours. I always have last year's bow and if I have a bow to shoot I'm happy.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

smart13009

Thank you for answers, I'll keep you informed about the delay as soon as there is any news...

SandSquid

It is reported that the LH Mystic shipped "last wendsday" so it should be here today....