Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wildman VS. Sof Loc

whitetailfreak86

Default Wildman VS. Sof Loc

Just lookin at a new quiver for the new firecat. Used the treelimb quiver last year enjoyed it but want to get away from the slide style quick release. Lookin at either the wildman fast four which looks freakin sweet and the Alpine sof loc 5 arrow quiver just wonderin if anyone has any info on this. Preferably those who own one or both and if you know anyone who has one and wat they think. Are they quiet, which one more, and are they easily disconnected? I mostly shoot with the quiver off the bow except for groundhogs. How do they balance the bow and anyone know the weight of the wildman?

P.S. just wonderin how long it will take for alec to post hehe i kid bud u just seem to post first on all threads and u know alot and if not u b.s. enuf to fool me haha

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try to type fast so I get in ahead of Alec. Here goes.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

OK, now that I have that out of the way I might try to show a little intelligence. I have used (still own) an Alpine SoftLoc, although mine was the 3 arrow version. It's a good unit, locks in the mount solidly enough. My only real gripe is that the mount itself is pretty bulky and shows to be just a bit on the ugly side without a quiver attached.

I haven't used any of the Martin quivers yet although I got a new Wildman 5 arrow this year for my Moab. This will be a new venture for me because, like you, I rarely shoot with a quiver on. The Wildman 5 is a two piece unit so will stay on the bow during hunting season. Because I try to keep weight down I'll only be carrying three arrows, which is all I've ever needed. This quiver will allow me to spread them out so the feathers don't make a bunch of noise.

If for some reason I don't like it or it throws off the balance too much I'll just go back to my little Qwikie arrow and take it off when treestand hunting, just like I've done for the last ten years.

That's about all I can say right now. Maybe I can bust Alec's chops when he gets on here. Hope this helped a bit.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

whitetailfreak86

Default 2 piece quiver

I really like how the 2 piece wildman looks on a bow and was quite intriqued by it the offset makes it seem like it would do wonders to balance out the bow, althought the firecat is quite balanced. So fisher let me know what you think when u get it on, i.e. weight, balance and overall performance and yes u beat alec im impressed haha

whitetailfreak86

Default Bfisher wildman 2x4 or wildman 5 arrow direct mount?

I was talkin bout the 2x4 being offset and lookin sweet sure the others do to but just wonderin which one u were gettin?

Post Thanks / Like

There are a couple reasons I chose the Wildman 5. Three arrows and lots of room is one, as I said. I liked the contour of the hood too. Just looks a little more streamlined. And because I have an HHA adjustable sight I would have to use those 3/4" stand-offs to mount a one piece, throwing the center of gravity further from the bow.

Maybe in the next couple days I'll throw it on the bow and see how it feels. To shoot the bow I have to set it up again. I swapped out cams with my ShadowCat and the swap isn't going to work so I gotta change cams again.

I'll get back to you on it so check back early next week. Bug me if I forget.

Barry
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by whitetailfreak86 View Post
    Just lookin at a new quiver for the new firecat. Used the treelimb quiver last year enjoyed it but want to get away from the slide style quick release. Lookin at either the wildman fast four which looks freakin sweet and the Alpine sof loc 5 arrow quiver just wonderin if anyone has any info on this. Preferably those who own one or both and if you know anyone who has one and wat they think. Are they quiet, which one more, and are they easily disconnected? I mostly shoot with the quiver off the bow except for groundhogs. How do they balance the bow and anyone know the weight of the wildman?

P.S. just wonderin how long it will take for alec to post hehe i kid bud u just seem to post first on all threads and u know alot and if not u b.s. enuf to fool me haha
    don't know anything about the wildman. There are a couple things that are minor ,but still mentionable about the alpine. I have the sof lock 3 also. The hood is quite small and the sides are angled up, so you have to line 2 of your your 3-fixed blades with 2blades down and 1 up to get them all the way into the hood. The 3rd arrow goes in the with the blades opposit of the outside 2. Don't know if 4 blade broadheads would even fit in it un less they are small. Getting arrows out it's fine, and thats really the most important part. The other thing is ,it is a little heavy , i think for a 3 blade quiver. Not excessively so,but a little.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I should have mentioned that, but I haven't used mine for a couple years so I forgot. Yes, blades have atendency to touch each other at the outer edges. You really have to be picky how you put the arrows in the quiver. Correspondingly it like that at the fletch end, too, so if you shoot feathers most lkely they'll touch each other.

As for weight, it's a little heavier than most 3 arrows, but it's the mount that's heavy. And that's on the bow even when the quiver is removed.

I want to thank brushrat for his explanation.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

flytier17

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I'll try to type fast so I get in ahead of Alec. Here goes.
    No fair! I was away! What have you got against my opinion on the quivers anyways. Thats it. I'm giving you an infraction.

flytier17

I have a Kwikee and like it. I have the fast 4 2piece, and also like it.

I do not like the alpines because of the foam in the hood. it squeals against the blade of the BH. At least my Mongoose did.

I got the Fast 4 because I wanted a martin Quiver for my martin bow. Turns out, it is one of the nicest I've had. the rubber won't get punctured by the BH. It is quiet and firm, with a solid mount. A bit heavy, but tha again, so is my entire bow at 9.2lbs.

I only carry 3 because the fourtharrow buzzes abagint the lockdown know on my Hogg-It. My kwikee-3 only holds 3 anyways.

During turkey season, I can reverse the fast4 to have the hood at the bottom of the bow. this lets me keep the nocks out of the dirt when I put the bow in a bracket in a blind.

Alec

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    OK, now that I have that out of the way I might try to show a little intelligence. I have used (still own) an Alpine SoftLoc, although mine was the 3 arrow version. It's a good unit, locks in the mount solidly enough. My only real gripe is that the mount itself is pretty bulky and shows to be just a bit on the ugly side without a quiver attached.

I haven't used any of the Martin quivers yet although I got a new Wildman 5 arrow this year for my Moab. This will be a new venture for me because, like you, I rarely shoot with a quiver on. The Wildman 5 is a two piece unit so will stay on the bow during hunting season. Because I try to keep weight down I'll only be carrying three arrows, which is all I've ever needed. This quiver will allow me to spread them out so the feathers don't make a bunch of noise.

If for some reason I don't like it or it throws off the balance too much I'll just go back to my little Qwikie arrow and take it off when treestand hunting, just like I've done for the last ten years.

That's about all I can say right now. Maybe I can bust Alec's chops when he gets on here. Hope this helped a bit.