Thread: Peep Size

whitetailfreak86

Default Peep Size

Anyone use G5 meta peep??? wat do ya think and what size u shootin??? Is 1/4" to big? Is it gonna throw off my accuracy to much? Mainly got it for light emission in low light situations??? But can return it for smaller size if need be.

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by whitetailfreak86 View Post
    Anyone use G5 meta peep??? wat do ya think and what size u shootin??? Is 1/4" to big? Is it gonna throw off my accuracy to much? Mainly got it for light emission in low light situations??? But can return it for smaller size if need be.
    i bought a 1/4" for the same reason. Ended up putting my 3/16" back on. Acuracy when down the crapper! You could put it back on during hunting season for those 30Yd shots on deer,but you'll hate it for targets.

Post Thanks / Like

How big a peep you need is dependent on several factors. Your draw length, the A2A of the bow, both of which affect string angle, which in turn determines how far the peep is from your eye. The farther away it is the bigger the peep needs to be.

Also, how big is the pin guard on your sight? If you bracket it with your peep then you have to consider it.

All said, there is no cut and dried answer. Because of all these things each person has to figure out what fits their style. And as brushrat said, you can use a smaller one for target.3D to helps with better accuracy and then pop in a big one for hunting where pinpoint accuracy is not necessary, but getting more light through is a major concern.

Example of this is that I personally use 1/8-3/16" on my 3D bow and 5/16" Meta for hunting.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver