Thread: My 06' Slayer has 5H limbs, is this right?

Desmond

Default My 06' Slayer has 5H limbs, is this right?

I just checked my bow and noticed the limb ID # and it's says 5H, but when I checked the charts, it's supposed to have a 6H for the NOS- C cams. My bow's limbs are cranked all the way down and it reads 66#. Shouldn't I get 70# with the 6H?? Thanks in advance for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

On Martin's home website you can find this info in the tech info area. The bow is a model #96. 5H limbs give you 65# with the C Nitrous cams so it looks like you're limbs are up to snuff.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Desmond

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    On Martin's home website you can find this info in the tech info area. The bow is a model #96. 5H limbs give you 65# with the C Nitrous cams so it looks like you're limbs are up to snuff.

I feel pretty disappointed and kind of "cheated" 'cause I ordered the bow to be 70# and I got it with 65# limbs.

I went to the 06' chart and it's clear that my bow should carry the 6H limbs

Slayer SE
    M-96S 50# 60# 70#
    A - cam 23" 23.5" 24" 24.5" 25" 25.5" 26" 01H 1H Shoot String: 49.75"
    Split String: 39.25"
    B - cam 25" 25.5" 26" 26.5" 27" 27.5" 28" 0H 2H 4H Shoot String: 52.75"
    Split String: 39.25"
    C - cam 28" 28.5" 29" 29.5" 30" 30.5" 31" 2H 4H 6H Shoot String: 58.25"
    Split String: 39.5"

flytier17

You have identical specs too me. I ordered 5H limbs for a peak of 65lbs too. I have the 5H limbs, anf they peak at 65lbs right on.

Alec

Desmond

I see that there's a 8H limb for 80# in the chart. I wonder why MARTIN didn't offered the SLAYER with them limbs? They would've certainty shoot more than 335 IBO at 70#.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    I see that there's a 8H limb for 80# in the chart. I wonder why MARTIN didn't offered the SLAYER with them limbs? They would've certainty shoot more than 335 IBO at 70#.
    Not really. At 80# you'd have to shoot a 400 gr arrow of following IBO specs. The heavier arrow would produce more kinetic energy, but not more speed.

The same can be said shooting a 250 gr arrow at 50#. Theoretically it will produce speed equal to 70# and 350 gr. It just won't produce as much energy.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Desmond

Thanks for illustrating me as usual fish!! Good thing I'm hanging out more in here to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    I just checked my bow and noticed the limb ID # and it's says 5H, but when I checked the charts, it's supposed to have a 6H for the NOS- C cams. My bow's limbs are cranked all the way down and it reads 66#. Shouldn't I get 70# with the 6H?? Thanks in advance for the help!
    The way the cams are orientated can cause a difference of 3-4 lbs. on avg. in the draw weight of a bow. Are they slightly under rotated or slightly over rotated?

Desmond

I really don't know scepterman!! All I know is that I took my bow to a shop I found near home and had it checked for timing and all "nick nacks" and it's shooting better than ever. The thing is that I ordered my Slayer as a 70# and I found it has the 65# limbs in it which it should have the 6H (70#) limbs. The bow is scaling 66#. But I decided at last that "if it ain't broke,.. why fix it"?? I brought it up 'cause this must've had happened to someone else too and that if one's order a product with specific specs,.. we should get what we ordered and nothing different.