Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arrow misalingment

Unregistered

Default arrow misalingment

I just bought a 09 fire cat and while the pro shop was tuning it with a laser, it shot to the left. The tech said that Martin bows do that. Anybody experience that ? Hookedonbows.

SPEEDVH

Question

never heard that one

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he was over simlifying things rather than confuse you. Maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about. I'd bet the former. Just how much experience do you have with setting up and tuning bows?

Because I have a FireCat I'll take a stab at what I think he was trying to explain. If you look at the string track on the cams and see it's relationship to the limbs and riser you see that it is offset to the left. This means that the rest cannot be set up in the center of the riser as eyeballed from the back. It has to be offset to the left also to coincide with the dynamic center the string travels. And he was not LAZER TUNING the bow. He was setting the centershot using a lazer. Setting up and tuning are two different operations.

The dynamic center on my bow, and rest position is 1" from the sight window, a full 3/16" outside the physical center of the riser.

While typing the above something else came to mind. Assuming the bow is set up fairly close, maybe you are of the idea that your sight pins should line up with the arrow. This is false thinking. Almost all bows that use a cable rod/slide have side torque. To counteract this the sight pins must be offset to the left (RH bow) as eyeballed from the back, looking at the string and arrow. As much as 1/4" is not uncommon.

Now, maybe one of these things is what you are alluding to. But if not, I can tell you for a fact that Martin bows are no different than any other brand. They don't shoot to the left unless they are aimed there. No matter what the bow arrows go where the bow is aiming when the string is released.

Hope this helps.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Desmond

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just bought a 09 fire cat and while the pro shop

The tech said that Martin bows do that.

That guy really doesn't know what he's doing or saying!

I own three MARTIN bows so far and never had that kind of problem. Hope you find someone who can get ya' set.

JT38off

thats weird cause mine shoots to the right, probably hand torque from me which im working on but ide at this point be happy for a little on the left side im a rh shooter and they are grouping pretty good just a hair to the right bit in the 2" bullseye.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JT38off View Post
    thats weird cause mine shoots to the right, probably hand torque from me which im working on but ide at this point be happy for a little on the left side im a rh shooter and they are grouping pretty good just a hair to the right bit in the 2" bullseye.

You being goofy or what? LOL. If it's shooting to the right and everything is tuned then move the sight.

Have you walk back tuned it?
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to say great explanation in your initial post bfisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by b0w_bender View Post
    I just wanted to say great explanation in your initial post bfisher.
    Thanks, I know I get a bit long winded with most posts, but in many cases I don't know the experience level of the shooter so I try to be as precise as I can without confusing him. And I don't always get things in an orderly fashion so I have to keep going.

Maybe some day I'll be as aticulate as some of these other guys. It's hard sometimes for me to get my brain in tune with my fingers. LOL.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

flytier17

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Thanks, I know I get a bit long winded with most posts, but in many cases I don't know the experience level of the shooter so I try to be as precise as I can without confusing him. And I don't always get things in an orderly fashion so I have to keep going.

Maybe some day I'll be as aticulate as some of these other guys. It's hard sometimes for me to get my brain in tune with my fingers. LOL.
    What you lack in articulation, you more than compensate for in knowledge. You will have no complaints from me!

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    What you lack in articulation, you more than compensate for in knowledge. You will have no complaints from me!

Alec
    Thanks Alec. I needed that. Now if I could get my shooting back on par!!!!
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver