Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountain Lion Logo has to go

dgmeadows

Default I think JoelC's point is....

I think the point is that the bowhunter is a predator, like the mountain lion or Cougar, or Bengal (tiger), or Jaguar, or Tiger, or Bobcat, or Lynx, or Cheetah, or Tigress, or a Pride (of lions) -- all of which have been Martin bow models at one time or another. Why use the target species as the focal point of your advertising, when the idea is to equip your customer to be the predator ? Besides, Browning already has a very recognizable logo featuring a deer head.

I personally like the inset medallion in both my Fury and Rage risers, that has a Bengal Tiger (it was also in the riser of my Bengal, which I unfortunately don't have anymore.) My Bengal and Fury also came with grips that had the Whitetail logo that JoelC posted, so Martin has been using that whitetail logo along with the cat-predator motifs for quite some time.

One of the things that originally attracted me to Martin bows were the engraved wood inlays that they had on the inside of the sight windows back in the early and mid 1990's, most of which featured some kind of cat-predator image. They really made the Martin bows distinctive.

So, really, the cat-predator image has been a positive part of Martin's ad image for quite a long time, from my consumer's point of view.

Just my $0.02

Darren
    Last edited by dgmeadows; 04-12-2006 at 02:11 PM.

joelc

maybe it's just me but I don't understand why our logo seems to offend, if you look at our compound history you will notice that we have been naming our bows after cats for quite some time (decades) the new logo makes sense to me.??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????
    I just don't get it.

joelc

Thanks Darren, this thread is just weird.

dgmeadows

Default And...

Ocelot, and Black Panther, and ShadowCat, and FireCat (did I miss any ? was there ever a Leopard model ?)......

I'd much rather be the predator than the prey ! I'd say, bring more of the cat names back into the line-up....

Darren

Montey Jessey

ksbowhunter, I don't think the Cougar is supposed to represent the primary animal that is taken with Martin Bows. If that was the case, every bow company would have a whitetail buck as their logo. The Cougar, the animal is native to the Walla Walla area and the Cougar symbolizes the characteristics of Martin Bows which is a quiet, fast, sleek, top of the food chain, killing machine....like the Cougar, the animal.

Now if Martin's Logo was a donkey or a largemouth bass, I would see why that would pi** you off.

p.s. I am available as a marketing advisor.

PLASTIC PAUL

Default Dont you dare...

I went and got a tatoo of the cougar on my leg so please don't change it...

Jack NZ

The Cougar is an apex predator.

Deer are the prey.
    Last edited by Jack NZ; 05-19-2006 at 06:32 AM.

Montey Jessey

Quote Originally Posted by PLASTIC PAUL
    I went and got a tatoo of the cougar on my leg so please don't change it...

Now that is devotion. Well done Paul!

newarcher

Thumbs up

I think with the name of their bows the logo is quite appropriate. Anyway when you make the most accurate bows in the world you want your logo to be a deadly predator.

Montey Jessey

I shoot the C4 Cougar. The logo is more than appropriate, trust me.