Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel lean

Dave308

Default Wheel lean

I cant seem to get the lean out of the wheel. No matter how much twist I put in it nothing changes. Any ideas?

Its an 08 Bengal
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

You need to put about 10-15 twists in the right hand branch of the yoke cable. Some people say a twist or two, but it takes a lot sometimes. If the yoke twists over itself don't worry about it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

razorjack

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    You need to put about 10-15 twists in the right hand branch of the yoke cable. Some people say a twist or two, but it takes a lot sometimes. If the yoke twists over itself don't worry about it.
    Yep he's right i had to put about 16 twist on mine to get it striaght.

Post Thanks / Like

If possible remove the cables and check if one side of the yoke is longer than the other (without any twists in it). if so you can use the shorter one instead of adding more twists. If this does not help just add some twists. I am not so sure if twisting over itself is such a good idea.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    If possible remove the cables and check if one side of the yoke is longer than the other (without any twists in it). if so you can use the shorter one instead of adding more twists. If this does not help just add some twists. I am not so sure if twisting over itself is such a good idea.

I don't mean to twist it over itself. Just that sometimes adding so many twists makes the whole cable rotate so the yoke make twist over itself a bit, but only a twist or two. There's still a lot of room for the cam to clear when it rolls over.

Good idea about checking the possible differene from one side to the other. There isn't a difference most of the time, but it doesn't hurt to check.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

SandSquid

Another thing you can do is remove the E-Clip on the end of the axle and take the black cable anchor off and flip it around or in-side to out-side. Effectively lengthening that cable and shortening the other without adding any twist to either.. Follow me?

gman57

If you feel the right side is being twisted up too much you can also take a couple of twists out of the left side.

Dave308

Thanks guys. I put a shim in it and twisted the crap out the right cable. Look good now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandSquid View Post
    Another thing you can do is remove the E-Clip on the end of the axle and take the black cable anchor off and flip it around or in-side to out-side. Effectively lengthening that cable and shortening the other without adding any twist to either.. Follow me?
    John,

That's really good info. I've done just that while playing around with X cams. Never thought about it for taking care of cam lean. Good thinking.

Barry
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

bwollard

Is there any specific direction that the twists need to be made in?