Thread: nock height

1A12

Default nock height

What is recommended for setting the nock height on a 08 Firecat. I know my other bow like it about 1/8" high should it be the same for the Firecat?

Post Thanks / Like

That's always a good place to start, but during any tuning process it may have to be moved. Type of rest, arrow spine and other factors enter into it, too. My FireCat like a nocking point 1/4" high so that's where I put it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

1A12

Wow 1/4 seems like alot, I keep getting a high tare, or is it a low, well I dont know right now but I was afraid to keep moving the nock point but now I will keep going in this direction. Thanx

Post Thanks / Like

Please understand something. 1/4" may sound like a lot but here's a further explaination.

I don't use a loop. I use a tied on nockset. One--above the nock. I use a bow square set on the rest when attached to the string, (Yeah, I know everybody uses levels today). Considering that the arrow is sitting on the rest and the nocking point is atop the nock this isn't very much above square. The arrow is 19/64 in diameter. That's almost 5/16". I do use G-nocks which reduces that measurement a bit, so in essence my arrow is very close to square on the string.

I do shoot a Spring Steel rest and to clear this well I shoot just a touch nock-high.

Now is it a clearer picture?
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

1A12

Im using a loop and a hostage rest with CX Maxima arrows. I have a few days off soon so I should be able to play with the bow again. I will keep you updated to see what happens. Thanx for the help

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, please check back and let me know how you make out.

By the way, you do know you can "screw" a loop up or down the serving just like a nut on a bolt, right? If you can't then you'll need to adjust the rest.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver