Thread: Flast flight string or not?

Dr. A

Default Flast flight string or not?

Hello,

I was recently given (lucky me) an older Damon Howatt Hunter that is in perfect condition. Its a 55# bow with a continuous loup string. Any chance I could put a Fast Flight string on it? Its limbs are not reinforced like my newer Hunter, and its SSN is marked 22637. Thanks!

deanrm

If it does not have the black reinforced tip, I don't think it would work with FF.

You could go over to leatherwall.com and ask Larry Hatfield, he probably made it!

Dean

hawgslayer

I would go with a flemish string. Remember, they are shorter then whats written ( lenght ) on the bow. Also getting the proper brace height and arrow will help with getting rid of noise. I shoot a custom made MARTIN HUNTER but I like the strings I get from Bob Lee Archery. Once I get it to the proper brace height, it doesn't move any more.

BrokenArrow

It will "work" w a FF string, but w/o the newer reinforced tips, you run a good chance of breaking the tips eventually.

Some claim good results w older bows w FF strings, using home/custom made strings that have the loops padded w Dacron to take some stress off the tips. I wouldn't risk even that.

Dr. A

I was told not to use it based on company records. It was probably made in 1982 or so. I've got a 50# bow that is just as fast, but 5# easier to pull. I've got a 60# that is faster than either by a 25fps with the same arrow.