Thread: firecat sights

appaloosa10

Question firecat sights

i recently purchased a new fire cat 08 model. the problem is i am having problems adjusting pin placement for different yardages primarily 10,20,30
    i cant put the pins close enough together to make them work. i hope someone understands this question and is able to help?

thanks

Appaloosa10

navydave

Quote Originally Posted by appaloosa10 View Post
    i recently purchased a new fire cat 08 model. the problem is i am having problems adjusting pin placement for different yardages primarily 10,20,30
    i cant put the pins close enough together to make them work. i hope someone understands this question and is able to help?

thanks

Appaloosa10
    You'll either have to get a zero pin gap capable sight or do like a lot of guys do, your 10 and 20 are gonna be virtually the same, if your shooting under 20, just aim a hair low. Firecats supposed to be pretty fast, might only need 20 and 40, but you definetly don't need a 10 yd pin any more.

Big Ben 75

on my 09 firecat,my 20 yard pin shoots 1 inch high at 10 yards.my pins go 20 30 40 50 60 70

Post Thanks / Like

Notice what Ben is saying. You don't need a 10 yard pin. Bows have been fast enough for 20 years now that it's not necessary. In fact all a 10 yard pin does is clutter up the sight picture.

I shoot a FireCat and would even suggest that you set your first pin at 25 yards. Then shoot it at various distances from 5 yards to 30 yards and see where your arrow hits. As Ben said, about 1" high at 10 yards, 1 3/4" high at 20 yards, and maybe 3" low at 30 yards.

If this is close you could set the next pin for 35 yards and the third at 45 yards. The choices are yours, but you don't need to get another sight. If you need to gap shoot then set your pins so ther is enough gap between them to see what you're shooting at. Pins that are clustered too closely suck. Especially when you have old eyes like mine.

If you don't plan on shooting farther than 30 yards then do yourself a favor and remove a pin. Shoot two pins set for 20 and 30 yards.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver