Thread: Nitrous and Easton

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nitrous and Easton

Hey.

Just a short question...

I always selcted hard cams when looking for the right spine for my Nitrous Cams. As we have some more experienced archers here.. Is that okay?

i could get a set of .370 A/C/E for low and they would fit for a hard cam bow.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Big Ben 75

what #

Post Thanks / Like

I know how to use the Shaft Selector.

I have the bow set to 58lbs. When i choose hard cam the arrows fit when choosing medium the wont.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

flytier17

Thats what I've done.

Ive found OT2 and TAPS to be more accurate in determining spine for me at least.

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Simmon. The Nitrous is a hard cam.

I'm sure you guys have heard that saying that it's better to shoot an arrow a little on the stiff side vs one that is too weak, right? Well, just for general purposes whenever I look at a chart I always choose "hard cam" for a place to start.

IMO even the softer cams of today are harder than the hard cams of bows several years ago. That's where most of the speed comes from.

I have used OT2 for a while and it doesn't help me much. I can pick arrows for spine and be close just using my noggin. I certainly am not going to worry about whether my arrow is "is in the center of the green" or somewhere else very close. I know that all this doesn't take into account how a person shoots the bow (torque and such), and besides I can make an arrow fit into MY "center of the green" by using the limb bolts.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

flytier17

I agree. I personally don't have either. I get someone else to run #'s for me.

I usually get the right spine of arrow with a centershot tuning, then bareshaft tuning. If the spine is close to start with, I centershot tune. then, I bareshaft, and use the limb bolts and the arrow saw to get it exact.

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    I agree. I personally don't have either. I get someone else to run #'s for me.

I usually get the right spine of arrow with a centershot tuning, then bareshaft tuning. If the spine is close to start with, I centershot tune. then, I bareshaft, and use the limb bolts and the arrow saw to get it exact.

Alec
    From my experience I use the speed at IBO or AMO specs to determine whether I want to use soft, medium or hard cam charts.
    I do agree that todays bows...even with the softest cams available they would at least fall into the medium cam chart. Most of todays bows would be either hard cam or even "very hard cam" (according to the Easton charts) i.e. Cat Cams for which I have not seen.