Thread: Martin Cougar III Elite

TangSooDoMan

Default Martin Cougar III Elite

Hello all, I hope these don't seem like dumb questions, but I am new to the compound bow ( I have 4 recurves). I never thought I would like a compound until I shot my fiends a few weeks ago, and had to get one.
    What I got was a Martin Cougar III (I believe 2002) the riser is blue with Elite Limbs with 6h on them. The information on the bow is as follows.
    Peak weight 50-65
    Let off 65%
    String length 55
    Cable length 43
    Draw 28
    Bow # 01.48 (know Idea what that means)

Any information anyone could give me on this bow would be great!
    One question I do have is when the bow arrived today I noticed that where the limbs are anchored the the riser there is a gap. In other words the limbs are not screwed thight against the riser, is that normal?

Thanks in advance.

whitetailfreak86

Default tighten bolts

If your talin bout the limb bolts being loose??? To change draw weight you tighten to add weight and loosen to take it off. If the limbs arent tight to riser then your bow is backed off in weight and yes this is normal no need to be alarmed

TangSooDoMan

Default Poundage

Thanks Whitetail, that is what I was talking about. So if the bow is rated for 50 to 65 lbs and the bolts are tightened all the way down, it will be at the 65lb, correct?

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by TangSooDoMan View Post
    Thanks Whitetail, that is what I was talking about. So if the bow is rated for 50 to 65 lbs and the bolts are tightened all the way down, it will be at the 65lb, correct?
    All the way down is Max (65# in your case), each complete revolution out shaves ca. 3# off of that to a maximum of 5 turns out and 15# less (or 50# in your case)

whitetailfreak86

Default Lil more...

Quote Originally Posted by TangSooDoMan View Post
    Its probably actually like 68lbs if maxed out give or take a pound. 99% of time if your bow is rated at 65lbs and you max it out its usually a few lbs. over this is normal I assure. Glad I could help.

dbd870

The CougarIII came out in 2003 so it is at least a year newer than you think.