Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to expect

WARTSHOOTER

Default bow is outstanding

the bow is fast i went to a heavy hunting arrow as well and still fast , i am very impressed so far 64lbs , and i believe i am 29 inch dl , my dealer takes very good care of me, has it tuned perfectly
    Last edited by WARTSHOOTER; 03-27-2009 at 07:00 AM. Reason: it sounded stupid and not finished

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wisecane View Post
    I have a Warthog on order as well. I haven't shot a bow in probably 15 years or so...last bow was a Golden Eagle Orion circa 1994 or so. Will I also be pleasantly surprised at the advances made in that time period?
    I don't think I'd use the words "pleasantly surprised". More like amazed. Depending on how you set up the bow you're most likely looking at somewhere between 70 fps and 100 fps more speed. The bow will be more quiet and it won't try to jump out of your hand when shot. Most likely it will just sit there like a big dead hunk of metal.

Really, these parallel limbed bows of today are quite amazing. That being said I just wish Martin would come out with a 37" Cat cammed bow that would fit my 26-27" draw length.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

martin shoots martin

Thanks guy's for your feedback! My bow was shipped out to me today, and should be set-up and almost ready to shoot. From your feedback I won't be able to sleep tonight. Thanks

Desmond

Thumbs up

Congrats on your new and welcome on shooting the best bows ever!!

OHIOMARTINSHOOTER

Default Reply

You will love the martin bow draw speed and quiet but wait til something goes wrong with it an you need them to fix it good luck

martin shoots martin

OK! You guy's are starting to scare me about the quality, service of Martin bows. Sounds like strings might be cheap, strings have wear problems, service not very good. I really hope I'm not making a bad decision of buying a Martin. I'll let you guy's know what I think on Wednesday after I get the bow. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I have shot my 07 Cheetah and 07 Pantera for 2 years with the factory strings and have had no problems. As far as customer service, Martin has the best in the industry. Don't let one persons opinion/problems sway your choice of bows. If you do a search on Archery Talk and here I think you will find very few people who have a bad thing to say about Martin quality or their customer service. Good luck and good shooting!

hunt123

Quote Originally Posted by martin shoots martin View Post
    OK! You guy's are starting to scare me about the quality, service of Martin bows. Sounds like strings might be cheap, strings have wear problems, service not very good. I really hope I'm not making a bad decision of buying a Martin. I'll let you guy's know what I think on Wednesday after I get the bow. Thanks
    Martin customer service is great. I got an 08 Bengal new, it had 60lb limbs and I wanted 70. Called them about it, they said send it in and we'll swap them out. Later I had another thing I needed help with, I called in to tech support, had to leave a message and shortly they actually called me back. That happened twice. I was pretty impressed.

The Bengal is a real nice bow. I've got about a 30.5 draw length so it's maybe a little long for the short brace height, but I love shooting it. About the quietness: when you shoot at 20 - 25 yds, the sound of the arrow hitting the target happens at nearly the same time as the sound of the string so you can't tell much.

I've been shooting some at 50 yds and that separates the 2 sounds so you can really tell what the bow noise is. I hear enough string noise that I think I'll be having some deer string jump if I don't do something about it. So I'm going to add a string suppressor. Probably the CTA from Paradigm Archery.

That supressor is different than the standard STS style in that it is a cylinder that compresses to eliminate string rebound and the "thunk" of the string hitting a static rubber stopper.

I'm kind of fussy about the bow noise though, maybe it wouldn't bother someone else. Also, if you shoot at 20 - 25 yds, it's not an issue. I'm not planning to take 50 yd shots on deer, might do 35 - 40 though. I just like to have it as soundless as I can.

Be sure you have someone good set it up for you. Set the peep location, the D-loop, etc. It'll make a difference. Quality: Martin is known for giving you the absolute best for your money. Price the same quality in Mathews and you may double what you paid. Strings: In general, from every bow manufacturer factory strings aren't bad. Very shootable and OK. If you're after premium level strings though, you have to get those from an aftermarket source. That's true for all bows. In terms of string wear, I had that, but in my case there was a sharp edge on the cam. You couldn't see it, our local bow tech accidentally found it by feeling the cam. So all I did was take a small fine file and carefully remove the sharpness.
    Last edited by hunt123; 03-30-2009 at 04:05 AM.

martin shoots martin

Well today is the day, my 09 Bengal will be here! Been tracking it and it's on the truck for delivery. I might have to call in sick tomarrow (cough,cough).

jbowers12

mine should be here thursday or friday. it just shipped out this morning at 9:00 AM. How long did it take u to be able to track it. my tracking numbers has not went through fedex system yet but it hasn't been but about 10 or 11 hours. i think u got to wait untill 12hours for some reason.