Guess what I did today? For the first time in about three years I waxed my strings. All of them. The Moab was showing some wear where it rolls over the idler and also where the cable and string roll through the CCS. You know, I got one of those bows that didn't have serving in those spots.
I also served at the mentioned places. While I was at it I checked nock fit, which has been tight since day one. Well, as I was serving the thing anyway I used one of my G nocks to check and found the .014 serving I was using was almost a perfect fit for those G-nocks so off came the center serving too.
As I was finishing up I said to my wife that what I was doing was totally dumb because I'm getting custom strings anyway. As I though more about it I don't know why I put up with the nocks being too tight this long. I've been getting really ugly arrow flight. I know my arrows are too stiff, but not that bad.
The good thing is that early next week the weather is supposed to be nice. I have to tie on a nock set and start tuning all over again, just to see if anything changed and how it may have changed.
Tinker, tinker, tinker. Man, I love this sport. Just can't believe I had to buy string wax after all these years. ML6, by the way.