Thread: 09' Martin cheetah

HungarianHammer

Default 09' Martin cheetah

Took off factory string and replaced with a set of custom 452x in camo color and served at the problem areas. Love it
    Attached Images Attached Images

jbowers12

what does the ccs do exactly

Big Ben 75

Man that looks good I think I might do that to my Firecat. It has a little wear on it at the CCS.

razorjack

Sweet looking bow cant beat them cheetah's.............

navydave

Quote Originally Posted by jbowers12 View Post
    what does the ccs do exactly
    Supposed to make the draw smoother and adds some preloading to the limbs, so you can actually get approximately 4 to 5 lbs more draw weight. At least this is the way I understand it, so if you have 50lb limbs for instance, if you have the limb bolts all the way in, the bow will draw somewhere in the neigborhood of 54 to 55 lbs. If I'm wrong on this, somebody chime in.

HungarianHammer

I have 70 lb. limbs and cranked down its about 74 lbs + - , roght now i have it backed out to 70.77 l.bs. and with the f-5 draw mod in its shooting 273, with 420 gr. arrows. im hoping to get a hair over 300fps with the f-6 mod in and 350 gr. arrows. The bow shoots real sweet but i wish that the cable didnt sit so far to the right of the draw mod. servings gonna wear out faster than normal...

HungarianHammer

Thanks for the complimants my girl thinks its hot

razorjack

I have 70 lb. limbs and cranked down its about 74 lbs + - ,
    With my cheetah all cranked down she'll draw 65+ pounds and it's a 45-60# draw weight.............

HungarianHammer

a few twists in the lower cable will do that..

Post Thanks / Like

85" and 31.5" is what the chart says. Should be a sticker on the lower limb with the spec #'s.
    Changing them is easy - first mark your cams for reference when you put it back together.
    Back the limb bolts out evenly untill the end of the bolt shows in the barrel nut.
    Everything will be loose enough to swap things out.
    Then just make sure everything is in-track and correct as you tighten the limb bolts back down evenly to where they were.
    If your marks dont all line up again then you will have to twist/untwist the cable and/or string to set cam rotation back up but thats all there is to it.
    Just measure and mark everything so you put it back in spec.