Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off with nitrous-x ??

flytier17

Broadhead, I sent you a private message.

Good luck with the shoot!

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Any bow shooting the X-system for me has been much more forgiving and user friendly, definitely smooth and quiet.

You had also said it makes a lot of noise, check to make sure the cam srews are tight. It they are at all loose then it will make the most awful sound. Caution though the modules are fragil and can break if you over tighten them.

The good news is once you have the the cams tuned you'll get even better performance. Also note when you adjust your cam tuning that can also affect the draw length so you may want to check that before you start.

Good luck at the shoot.

flytier17

Quote Originally Posted by b0w_bender View Post
    Any bow shooting the X-system for me has been much more forgiving and user friendly, definitely smooth and quiet.

You had also said it makes a lot of noise, check to make sure the cam srews are tight. It they are at all loose then it will make the most awful sound. Caution though the modules are fragil and can break if you over tighten them.

The good news is once you have the the cams tuned you'll get even better performance. Also note when you adjust your cam tuning that can also affect the draw length so you may want to check that before you start.

Good luck at the shoot.
    Adding the "X" system to a bow will in no way change the draw cycle dynamics. it will not make the bow inherently smoother. As for quieter; well, the 2 cables that touch will vibrate. It may in fact have a bit more buzz than a cable slide.

All the "X" system does is allow for the limbs to be aligned squarely, with no sideways force. In addition, it becomes easy to time and rotate the cables without a press. It also makes the sideways nock travel eliminated; persuant to the centralizing of the torque.

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    Adding the "X" system to a bow will in no way change the draw cycle dynamics. it will not make the bow inherently smoother. As for quieter; well, the 2 cables that touch will vibrate. It may in fact have a bit more buzz than a cable slide.

All the "X" system does is allow for the limbs to be aligned squarely, with no sideways force. In addition, it becomes easy to time and rotate the cables without a press. It also makes the sideways nock travel eliminated; persuant to the centralizing of the torque.

Alec
    Gee, is that all? That's a lot.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

flytier17

OK, but compared to having the ability to change the dynamics of the draw cycle, it doesn't seem as much.

Trying to portray honestly the capeabilities of the "X" system, without giving it too much hype. That way, there won't be any false hopes and dissapointments.

All said and done, I think the "X" system is the greatest cam system designed for a dual cam. All my bows have them, and it is as good on every one.

Mr. Barry; if you have thought by my seemingly less than enthusiastic tone of portrayel of information of the "X" system you have come to conclude that I have fallen out of favor with it, than I am sorry to say that I have to dissapoint your expectations.

Whats more is that I will buy your "B" cams with Xmods or X Minimods as soon as you are OK with parting with them. Time for the Fury system on my Scepter to GO!

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

No Alec, I know you like the X cams. I was making with a little humor. I thought you knew me better than that.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver