Thread: Ata

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ata

When measuring the ATA of a bow is it always done with the bow's string and cables on, or can it be done with out string and cables and get the same results?

davydtune

No string and cables must be on. It would measure a good bit longer if it wasn't under tension.

SandSquid

When I'm measuring for making new cables and strings (such as when I'm replacing Mag limbs with Elite limbs and Dyna Cam with Furious-X or Nitrous-X, like when building a Tigress/Elite/Nitrous-X) I install the limbs and measure the limb bolts each backed out about 10 turns as my starting axle-to-axle length this gets me really close. That way there is enough "slack" in the system with the cables and strings installed that I can break the bow down for tinkering without a bow press, just by backing the bolts out 12 or so turns. But that's just my method, Your mileage may vary.

Post Thanks / Like

I am getting ready to change my 07 Pantera from the M Pro cam to the Cat cam system with a set of 08 Slayer limbs. I am trying to determine what length of string and cables I will need. I have been told that the Pantera with the Slayer limbs and Cat cam will be the same ATA as the 09 Warthog. The Pantera is currently at 35" ATA and I was told that the Warthog with the Cat cam is also 35" ATA so they would be approximately the same. Any ideas if this would be close?