Thread: Chipped or cracked limbs 09' Firecat

330capone

Unhappy Chipped or cracked limbs 09' Firecat

Hello, I have a 09' Firecat and have only shot it about 100 times and already I have noticed Two chips in the limbs behind the top and bottom axles where the small rivots go through the limbs. It has chipped from under these rivots to the end of the limbs. It looks like it is at least a couple of layers deep into the laminations. It is at 67# 29" draw lenght. thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

You'd better go to your dealer or call Martin...and don't shoot the bow
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

330capone

Default Thanks for the repley

Has anyone seen this happen before?

330capone

Post Going to the dealer

Just talked to customer service and I will take my bow to the dealer to get the limbs replaced. They gave me a very quick response to my phone call and agreed that this should not have happend. I am a little worried about the dealer he does not take kindly to bows bought from a differnt Martin dealer but oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck and hope everything will be ok!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows