Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropaway rests not working

Hookedonbows

Angry Dropaway rests not working

I have an 09 Firecat on which I tried 2 Ripcord rests and the brass bushings fell out after about a dozen shots on each one.
    I then put on an ultra rest and it would not drop until the flechings hit it. I took it back to the pro shop where they shortened the cord and it shot o.k. for 3 shots at the shop.
    Took it home and took a few shots and again the fletching is hiting the rest.
    Anybody have any suggestions ? I would like to stay with a dropaway but that's the only 2 brands they had in at the time. Appreciate any help.....

cskillern

Default dropaway

try the vital drop or the new trophy ridge drop slide its a little costly but its worth it or the tride and true dropzone maybe those few will help the new muzzy has been doing well one of the guys at muzzy shoots one on a x force fir cats about the same i mfixing to buy one

razorjack

I had the same problem with my 08 cheetah and QAD hunter rest,i just could not get vanes to clear launcher.
    So long story short i purchased a cobra double diamond drop away rest similiar to a trophy taker rest and now have no issues at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hookedonbows View Post
    I have an 09 Firecat on which I tried 2 Ripcord rests and the brass bushings fell out after about a dozen shots on each one.
    I then put on an ultra rest and it would not drop until the flechings hit it. I took it back to the pro shop where they shortened the cord and it shot o.k. for 3 shots at the shop.
    Took it home and took a few shots and again the fletching is hiting the rest.
    Anybody have any suggestions ? I would like to stay with a dropaway but that's the only 2 brands they had in at the time. Appreciate any help.....

I've seen this sometimes. Here's a solution that may help if you're so inclined to make your own adjustment. Do you see those two long launcher forks that stick up on each side of the arrow? Take a pair of wire cutters and cut them down till they are no higher than the arrow. That's all the length you need to hold your arrow on the rest. In fact even that is too high, but even shortened this much there is no way you cannot cant a bow enough for the arrow to fall off the rest.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Hookedonbows

Thanks for the input guys. The local tech told me the same thing that you did Barry. I cut them right down until all that's left is a small cradle so that the arrow just stays in place but the vanes hit right at the base of the forks.This rest is just to slow so I have a trophy taker on order.
    I found the bow is quite noisy, has sort of a metal sound. Upon closer look I see that the camo is cracked where the risers are put together. That's telling me that there is movement between the two pieces. Looks like it will have to go back.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys. The local tech told me the same thing that you did Barry. I cut them right down until all that's left is a small cradle so that the arrow just stays in place but the vanes hit right at the base of the forks.This rest is just to slow so I have a trophy taker on order.
    I found the bow is quite noisy, has sort of a metal sound. Upon closer look I see that the camo is cracked where the risers are put together. That's telling me that there is movement between the two pieces. Looks like it will have to go back.
    It's possible you have gotten one of only two risers that are maybe working loose at that joint. It's a shame, but these things can happen. And it doesn't happen often, but I've seen one-piece risers snap. I once had one do this--many many years ago. I'm sure Martin will take a good look at it and do what is right for you, the customer.

By any chance do you have the CCS on your bow? Reason I ask is that I have an '09 Moab with it and it had a slight metallic sound to it. I never did track down the actual source, but added some Bow Jacks to the limbs and STS rod and it helped a great deal. I'm not 100% sold on the CCS yet, but I'm not fond of cable rods either since having owned a couple X system bows.

I do have noise from my rest (Trapdoor) which is going to be replaced very soon. Just can't make up my mind whether I want to put on a TT Spring Steel or my GKF Infiniti drop away. I've used them both before and know what to expect. Just can't make up my mind yet.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Hookedonbows

Sorry Barry, I don't know how to include your quote. And yes I have both the CCS and the STS and I suppose it could be the CCS making the noise as it is really hard to pin point exactly where it is coming from. I just can't see that making a metalic sound but then anything is posible.
    When I seen the joint movement I took for granted that it was coming from there, as the metal to metal contact of the two pieces would be the more logical source of the noise.
    Thanks for your input.

SandSquid

Which brass bushing are you referring to?

Between all the bows in my house (nine of them are Martins and have ripcords)and those in the youth group I coach, I own 13 Ripcord Arrow Rests and never had any failure of any kind except for a frayed cord, normal wear.

BTW, If you want to sell them (cheap), parts I could always use some spare parts... what, with having 13 ripcords and all

Hookedonbows

[QUOTE=SandSquid;14525]Which brass bushing are you referring to?

The brass bushing that is supposed to be pressed into the body in which the fork rod passes through.Somebody messed up on the tolerences obviously. Anyway they went back for warranty. And now with the riser joints moving on the bow, that will be going back too. Guess I'll be hunting for another bow.

gman57

with the QADs use the T1 launcher and make sure it comes to full upright position in the last inch of draw,that usually does the trick. I use FOBs on my arrows and have QADs on my bows never had a problem..