Thread: speed and accuracy

jbowers12

Default speed and accuracy

I am thinking of setting my 09 Bengal at 58 pounds, i feels way more comfortable at that weight even though iv been shooting it at 70. I am shooting it at 28.5 DL and i was wondering if there is any way to get it shooting at least 270 to 280 with that poundage. What would be the perfect grain arrow to get that fast? I can shoot the bow on 29 DL if i wanted too. because when i shoot it on 28.5 and 29 i can barley tell a difference.my anchor points are about the same.hope someone could let me know something.

Desmond

You can go with the VICTORY's VForce HV 400's (6.1gr/inch) with Blazer vanes and tipped with 85gr tips for an approximate total arrow weight of 298grs with GT nock and standard insert included. With your desired DW 58# and DL 0f 28.5" , your bow should shoot these arrows close to 280-285 fps assuming your string has about 30grs of weight from peep, string leeches, string nock, etc. I've calculated this with the speed conversion formula in the site I posted for ya' in another thread. But this is "approximately"!

Kinetic Energy should be about 55# to 58# which is enough to go through a deer at 20 yards!

jbowers12

thanks. i forgot about you sending me that. sorry and thanks again.

Desmond

No problem. Have fun!!