Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dry fired bow

jbowers12

One of my freinds had a cheap pse nova, I dry fired it the day he bought it. It slung the string off and broke the cable slide. My freind looked dishearted when he seen that. But i told him i would pay for damage if there was anything seriously wrong. All I done was bought him a cable slide and the pse dealer said it would be fine.

hunt123

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    All right, you asked for it. First I want to say that what I am going to say is 100% accurate to my knowledge.

The year was 1997 and the event was the ATA Show. XI Archery had a new type of limb technology that supposedly made their limbs almost indestructable. The Limbs were called Fusion Force and were on their upper end bows, most notably on the Nemisis.

XI had a bow mounted in a plexiglass box and a machine inside that held and drew a Nemisis over and over again and dry-fired it. The bow was set up at IBO specs. Every 1500 dry fires the bow was taken out and inspected and new string and cables put on it. The test kept on till the bow had 5000 shots on those limbs. Upon final inspection there was no apparent damage to the limbs.

Now, I had a Nemisis that year, my final year of shooting for XI, and can say that mine was a pretty nice bow. It's too bad a company that could come up with some new ideas like they did had to go under.
    Dang, that's awesome! Martin should acquire the rights to that technology!! Are you in a position where you can lean on them to do that?? :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunt123 View Post
    Dang, that's awesome! Martin should acquire the rights to that technology!! Are you in a position where you can lean on them to do that?? :-)
    Maybe you think I have more influence than I do. I'm just a lowly person. Way down the totem pole. If I could lean on anybody it would just be to keep me from falling over. Besides, I wouldn't think the technology would necessarily need to be purchased. XI has been out of business for lots of years.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

flytier17

I know a guy who is Martin Silver Staff, and used to shoot for Pearson and XI too (and Darton). Reminds me of someone, but I can't think who. Barry, help me out? He's been doing it 30 or so years too.

I've shot his XI Paragon, and it was a real shooter. I offered him (a lot of money) for the bow, and he turned it down. Says he'll never sell. Don't really blame him.

davydtune

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    haha thanks, and i agree with you, alex, i dont believe there is a bow out there that can be dry fired 1000 times with no damage
    Actually it can. All of Hoyts bows have been put to that exact test for many years now.

hunt123

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Maybe you think I have more influence than I do. I'm just a lowly person. Way down the totem pole. If I could lean on anybody it would just be to keep me from falling over. Besides, I wouldn't think the technology would necessarily need to be purchased. XI has been out of business for lots of years.
    Well then, maybe they could get an XI bow and learn how to make limbs like that. Or get hold of the designer and hire him as a consultant. Even this many years later, there aren't any bows that will take that kind of abuse.