Thread: Firecat sts

Chubbz63

Default Firecat sts

Hi, I was paper tuning my 08 Firecat today and with every shot the rubber comes off the sts, can this be just glued on with contact cement or do I need to go another route. I tried wrapping one layer of hockey tape around the rod portion but it still flies off every shot, not too big a deal in my garage but I'm sure the rubber will disappear in the field..Thanks

eldermike

Are you shooting it with a D loop and a release, lose grip and solid anchor, good form? Sounds like the string is missing the rubber on the release. Is it centered on the rubber at rest? The rubber on mine slips off eaisly but it never comes off on a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard of a few coming off. Never gave a thought to what Mike is saying. I think he.s mentioning that when shot the string slides off the side, travels forward and on the rebound it pulls the rubber off.

Just for giggles (I know it's not funny) try rubbing lipstick or something on the rubber and see if this is what's happening. Then please tell us. Maybe we can figure something out.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Stick Bow

I had same problem with MOAB STS. I glued mine back on. Do check and see if the string is getting past the rubber pad. My set screw came loose and the STS rod rotated just a little. Fixed that problem. Then had pad just split, little eletrical tape and shorten the rod just a little for string was resting right on it, fixed that. Went to bow shop where I purchased bow they called Martin and they sent me another pad.

eldermike

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I've heard of a few coming off. Never gave a thought to what Mike is saying. I think he.s mentioning that when shot the string slides off the side, travels forward and on the rebound it pulls the rubber off.

Just for giggles (I know it's not funny) try rubbing lipstick or something on the rubber and see if this is what's happening. Then please tell us. Maybe we can figure something out.

Yeah I saw a friend who finger shoots do a bad release and flick the rubber piece 20 yards behind him. I assume it had to miss the rubber and catch it on the way back out.

little_john

Default alignment of STS

Hi Guys,
    Here is a trick. Remove the rubber stop and align the string with the exact center of the rod, tighten the set screw and re-install the rubber stopper. You should now be as close to centered as possible. According to Joel at the tech line the string should be approx 1/16" off the rubber stop.
    Hope this helps, Little john

flytier17

On an STS, the string hits the rubber, and then slides down one side and back. I'd epoxy it.

1/16-1/8" should be about right for the best performance I've found.

Barry; I have done the test you suggested with a waterbase onpermanent silver marker. Thats how I found the string slips to opne side of the stopper after hitting it.

Alec