Thread: 6.5 bh on the next moab

mr_magnum

Default 6.5 bh on the next moab

i bought a 09 moab, wasnt happy with how slow it went. so i got thinking on how martin could make the next one better. who else out there wants to see a 35 ata + 6 or 6.5 bh moab for next year. i would also like to see martin scrap the 3 piece riser and go back to either mossy oak or real tree. there has to be something other then the css and sts on the moab that sets it apart from the cheetah and bengal, the 3 are almost 100% the same bow and to be honest i am wouldnt buy another moab, or martin for that matter if they dont make more reforms to the designs and lineups
    Last edited by mr_magnum; 04-21-2009 at 08:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mr_magnum View Post
    i bought a 09 moab, wasnt happy with how slow it went. so i got thinking on how martin could make the next one better. who else out there wants to see a 35 ata + 6 or 6.5 bh moab for next year. i would also like to see martin scrap the 3 piece riser and go back to either mossy oak or real tree. there has to be something other then the css and sts on the moab that sets it apart from the cheetah and bengal, the 3 are almost 100% the same bow and to be honest i am wouldnt buy another moab, or martin for that matter if they dont make more refroms to the designs and lineups
    They do...its called a Warthog.

razorjack

Heck in that case you should have got the cheetah.......

JT38off

im very impressed w/ my 09 moab although i havent had it chronoed yet. as far as the 3 piece risers i havent noticed any diferrence compared to a sloid riser. and in my opinion, i like the next g1 camo far better than real tree or mossy oak ( too much greens and browns). mine looks awesome w/ all the add ons dressed out in black against the next camo. i hope they dont change it. but its all personal preferrence.

dbd870

I am wondering why you bought the MOAB with your criteria? I would not be interested in such a bow as you describe. It was not designed to be the kind of bow you are after, if you wanted a speed bow you certainly were not looking at the right item. I hear the occasional complaint about 3 piece risers but I never hear of problems (except for the one on here about it moving at the joints - had to be a manufacturing defect, tolerance issue perhaps?) I don't see anything Martin is at fault with here.

mr_magnum

i wasn't looking for a speed bow. i wasn't specifically looking for 6.5 inch bh. i wanted something that shoots in accordance to its advertised 320 ibo. i mean 226 is slow even if my bow was set for 55 pounds @ 28'' with a 440 grain arrow. and the reason i dont like the 3 piece riser is because the camo finish has cracked all along the joints.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    They do...its called a Warthog.
    Good point. The only problem in some cases, like mine, is that with the present cams I can't get the drawlength short enough or I'd be shooting a Warthog instead of a FireCat. I'd love to have a longer bow, but alas, the cam would have to be made smaller. Woe is me!!!!!!!!!!

Gees, in my case I'd rather see a 37" version with Cat Cams that goes down to about 24". Then I could get better performance at my 26.5" draw. I hate having to shoot at the bottom of the draw length range.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

flytier17

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Good point. The only problem in some cases, like mine, is that with the present cams I can't get the drawlength short enough or I'd be shooting a Warthog instead of a FireCat. I'd love to have a longer bow, but alas, the cam would have to be made smaller. Woe is me!!!!!!!!!!

Gees, in my case I'd rather see a 37" version with Cat Cams that goes down to about 24". Then I could get better performance at my 26.5" draw. I hate having to shoot at the bottom of the draw length range.
    I'll second that, except for the short DL (personally). I'd like to see a longer bow (37"-39") with CAT cams.

Alec