Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Source for Nitrous X Mod C

dougkellermann

I think I can work with what I have...

Thanks for the insights and advice....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    but then again if you went to a C cam you will lose about 10 lbs. of draw weight.

Never say something is proven as long as there is the possibility that the opposite can be shown.

I went from NOS B to NOS C and can say that i still pull 60 lbs.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

flytier17

I had "B" cams on my first Slayer, and with the "C" cams, I needed 10lbs higher deflection limb. (2H to 4H)

A larger cam offers more mechanical advantage to the limb, kind of like a larger wheel can turn an axis that a smaller wheel cannot (rotational inertia)

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    I had "B" cams on my first Slayer, and with the "C" cams, I needed 10lbs higher deflection limb. (2H to 4H)

A larger cam offers more mechanical advantage to the limb, kind of like a larger wheel can turn an axis that a smaller wheel cannot (rotational inertia)

Alec
    So then explain me why i still shoot the same poundage?
    I tend to accept your answer but my experience proves something else.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

flytier17

Could be that a parallell limb bow is more responsive to cam size than a vertical limb bow. If the deflection and cams are the same, I can't see why a parallell loimb bow and a vertical limb bow would differ, but maybe it has to do with the distance the limb tip travels and the longer limbs are more forgiving? I don't really know.

When you changed cams, you would have changed strings too. If the new set was more twisted, you could have gained a couple pounds. How accurate was the scale you measured with? I cannot see why 2 cams of differeng size would not change the weight.

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

When Montlaar said what he did I assumed he was talking about the same bow with just a cam change.
    But Flytiers answer about parallel verses more perpindicular is correct. It dosent work the same equally. Without me getting to technical basically every thing being the same except limb angle. If you take a bow with a more perpindicular limb angle (non parrallel) you are forcing the cam against the face of the limb then up and over before it breaks. With a parrallel limbed bow all it has to do is just be pulled over the tip since all it has to do is ride along the face of the bow. Kind of like pullin a body up and over a cliff edge verses pulling a body on a flat surface.