Thread: s4 tuning

martinboy

Default s4 tuning

everything looks good from 80yds up to 20yds, from there up to 20 ft everything starts to shoot to the left 1/2in to 3/4in I am a lefty dont know if that makes a difference any ideas?

martinboy

Default help

come on please somebodys got to have an idea here

Post Thanks / Like

May be Scepterman can help you...Sorry, but i can't understand exactly what your problem is. You hit the bullseye from 80 yards but from 6 metres you can't Aim half an inch to the right.If i was on your place, i wouldn't worry about it
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Two things:

1. Make sure you ar not canting the bow to the left.

2.You may need to move your rest to the right and possibly walk back tune. You say 20 to 80 you are fine and you may be a fine shot but dont tell me that at 80 yrds every thing is strait down the middle perfectly so from 20 tto 80 tou maybe in the "middle" but they may be slightly left.
    So basicly what I'm saying is move the rest gradually right in small increments
    resighting in each time and when all are in the middle from 0 to80 yrds. you are there.

flytier17

Sceterman is right; at longer ranges, group size may mask minor tuning imperfections.

Heres a suggestion from me if scepterman's odesn't work for some reason.

Do a centershot tune. Sight in for 20yds. Put a target at 30yds, and using a plumbstick, draw a perfectly vertical line. Shoot your 20yd pin, and the arrows will impact low. See where that is in relation to your line. Chase the line with your rest, in 1/32 or smaller increments. See if that helps.

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    Sceterman is right; at longer ranges, group size may mask minor tuning imperfections.

Heres a suggestion from me if scepterman's odesn't work for some reason.

Do a centershot tune. Sight in for 20yds. Put a target at 30yds, and using a plumbstick, draw a perfectly vertical line. Shoot your 20yd pin, and the arrows will impact low. See where that is in relation to your line. Chase the line with your rest, in 1/32 or smaller increments. See if that helps.

Alec
    Alec, I could be wrong but isn't a walk back tune the same as the centershot tune you are describing. What you are describing is basicly what I was trying to tell him to do.

jbowers12

Its almost the same exept when you walk back tune you dont use a straight vertical line.

martinboy

Default thanks

thanks again guys the peep was to low making my anchor move out ,raised it a little now everythings fine!

flytier17

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    Alec, I could be wrong but isn't a walk back tune the same as the centershot tune you are describing. What you are describing is basicly what I was trying to tell him to do.
    I was under the impression thata walkback tune was measuring your arrow groups at 10yd increments, and see if they get much worse more quickly. Then, adjust rest and nock to see if they improve at that range. I could be wrong too though.

Alec