Thread: D loop turning

martin shoots martin

Default D loop turning

I have an 09 Bengal and everytime I shoot an arrow my D loop spins around backwards, also my peep is sideways. When I draw my peep straightens out, but sometimes it gets wound up in the rubber tubbing. What might be the cause of this. Thanks!

davydtune

String twist. You need to either take one twist out or add one. Or if it's facing directly away from you you could flip the peep over and loosen your loop and turn it back towards you.

flytier17

if the turning is consistent, than twisting your string shold work. Otherwise, your string is creeping, and you need a new one.

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

my 09 bengal does the same, i've added and taken turns out of string, bow shop said these strings are not very good, i'll be changing mine out for a better one shortly.

flytier17

A new string is a good idea if it will not stop twisting.

Alec

jbowers12

Id get a new string. I am going too with my bengal. Strings fray very easily. What speeds are you getting from your bengal? Im getting 275fps at 70# on a 29DL with a 366 grain arrow. It looks like it would be faster but iv tuned it since then and i had to raise my pins up some so i know i gained some speed. Cant waight to shoot it through a chrono to see.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with putting quality strings on, but that may not be in your budget so here are a couple ideas.

How is your loop tied on? The knots should be opposing each other. If they are not then all the weight of the loop gets thrown to one side during a shot which will make it catapult around the string. It may also not be tied tight enough. Prior to installing a loop the serving should be waxed. This eliminates some of the friction between the serving and loop material and allows it to be pulled tighter. Once tied on stetch the loop with needle-nosed pliers to make it as tight as you can get it.

As for the peep, I assume you mean that as the bow is shot the string is still creeping (elongating) so the peep turns and the rubber tube is wrapping around the string (not the peep). This is so simple to adjust. Just remove the rubber tube from the nipple it's attached to on the peep, unwrap it, and put it back on the nipple. You might have to wet the inside of the tube to make installation easier-----spit works.

Some of your problems come from the fact that the Helix strings are not the best made and will continue to do this for a while. The ones on my Moab have finally settled down and I was able to "train my peep". Mine doesn't have a rubber tube as I hate those things. My peep sets at just about a 90 degree angle but at full draw it rolls around and settles in the proper position for me to see through it.

Sometimes adding upwards of 10 twists to the string will tighten the bundle of strands, evening out the workload for each strand and it'll settle down and shoot with no peep roll, but not all the time. That's why I favor good aftermarket strings, which I usually install from the git-go. In this case I didn't take the time as I have too many other bows to shoot.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to put a pre-stretched string on my Jaguar. I'm wondering if Zebra makes strings for it. I know that pre-stretched strings costs more, but you don't have to keep adjusting the peep.
    Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ranger53 View Post
    I would like to put a pre-stretched string on my Jaguar. I'm wondering if Zebra makes strings for it. I know that pre-stretched strings costs more, but you don't have to keep adjusting the peep.
    Tommy
    Whatever you do don't get Zebra strings. They are definitely the garbage of the prestretched strings you'll find. And way over priced for what you get. Apparently you have a proshop that stocks them.

You'll be much further ahead to buy strings from a good string maker like Prostrings, Vapor Trail, Bucknasty, H&M or lots of others. And there is always Winner's Choice if you feel like dropping a C-Note, but the others here are just as good. I've personally used Bucknasty and Prostrings and would recommend either of them. I was going to try H&M next time, but now I have a local guy making them for me.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver