Thread: Shooting My Firecat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shooting My Firecat

Well I finally got a chance to really shoot today and what I figured out is I am far more accurate at 64# than 70#. I'm not sure if it's the arrows or just me. 70# is nothing for me to pull back I am a pretty good size person. I'm 5'11" and weigh about 250. But I must say 64# is pretty easy to pull back. I'm figuring I should still be shooting a 429grain arrow somewhere around 280fps. which is all I really wanted anyway. This is the only reason I upgraded from my 08 Cheetah which in all honesty is a good shooter but at 70# same arrows I was only getting 266fps. I am keeping the Cheetah as my back-up bow though. Plus at 64# the Firecat is alot quieter.
    '10 ALIEN X 28.5DL X 70#
    HHA OL 5519
    QAD Pro Hd
    125grn Rage

jbowers12

Wink

I was the same way with mine. The only bad thing if i lower mine down to 60# i lose way more speed. Mine is doing 275 right now at 70# 29DL. I am the same size as you and like the lower DW way better. But 70 does not feel all that bad for some reason??

I will probably upgrade too a firecat next year for the same reason you did. Less DW and just as much speed with a hunting arrow.