Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member saying Hi

ToddD

Talking New Member saying Hi

Just want to say Hi, I am a new member and am touching bases with you all....

I am an Ex. pat Brit, now resident in the Netherlands, Though normally a recurve shooter, I do own a couple of Martin bows for which I have great regard.

Martin Pride (M28XRG)
    And a Martin Pro (Serial number 7 or * (very difficult to read the sticker!!!.)

I look forward to picking your brains for information and tips.

Speak VERY soon,

ToddD

Desmond

Welcome to MARTIN ARCHEY forum!!

jbowers12

Talking

welcome!!!:d:d:d

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Tech Forum, Todd. Ask away, son, and we'll see what we can do to help you and maybe learn a thing or two in the process.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

ToddD

Mr Moderator,

I just know that you are on my side, at age 59, anyone calling me son, has to be!!!!!!

TD

ToddD

Default Martin Pride circa 1998(ish)

Two days ago, I suffered a catastrophic decompression on my bus strings (big bang, not on a dry fire I might add) the result being that I need two new ones> Can you please direct me to specifications for the Pride which give such info.
    Also, the string seperator/slider suffered near terminal damage and needs either a stock spare replacement or an alternative design. The third option being that I bodge it and fabricate a copy out of inferior materials. Any suggestions or help.

Lastly, can you tell me why the Pride had such a short life, every time I have used it I have been totally impressed by the feel and quality of the bow, but the lack of longevity of this model does give some cause for concearn (though at 10 years of age and in the hands of a re-curve shooter, it still out performs many modern Hoyts on in and outdoor (FITA) target shoots..........

Enough for one day, questions about my "Pro Seies" bow tomorrow

Thanks All

TD

Post Thanks / Like

Todd,

You may address me by my first name. We're all like that here.

I really can't help you with the Pride. That is a bow that Martin made long before I took up with them. Sorry about that.

As for a new cable slide. You should be able to pick up a replacement at any arhery shop. In doing so I'd recommend getting a teflon slide. There are a few made. Simms is the one I'm most familar with.

You obviously have a computer so you could find a lot of accessories including cable slides on www.lancasterarchery.com. It'll give you an idea of what's available, then all you have to do is find them in your neighborhood.

In the meantime I'll do some searching and see what I can find out about your bow. Maybe one of the other guys on here knows something about it and will chime in.

Also I'm sorry to refer to you as "son". I guess at 63 I just take for granted that everybody is younger than me. You are, but just slightly.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a real dunce and thought of this after posting. In the search function type in Martin Pride specs and there are three posts that will answer your questions about string and cable lengths.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

ToddD

Hi Barry,

Thanks, unfortunately, the cam system on my bow is Z cam not Fury X Cam system, after collecting the bits of string and bridle together, my estimation of the string length is 40 rather than 38/39, and whilst in the function of breaking, the strings might stretch a mite, I don't think it would be that much (But hey, I bought the bow at least second hand, and the strings will almost certainly be be after market) so perhaps that is less than really relevent. If anyone could give me the Pride specs, I will be ohhhh sooooo grateful. My local Bowyer is going to make some at 40, (i need to confirm before the end of the week) we tried 41.5 but they did not put the cams in the correct rest position

Thanks anyway

TD

Post Thanks / Like

Todd,

I might have found something. Being as your bow doesn't have the Fury cam then it must be the Z cams. I used this and the 2001 Tech Info on Martin's website comparing it to the BobCat XRG, which has a lower brace and A2A, but close. Looking and comparing I'd be tempted to use the same string and cable lengths as the regular BobCat to get the higher brace height. They are:

Shoot string..........58"
    Split cable............40"
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver